Thursday, July 15, 2010

Twenty Five

Happy Birthday to Me!



Today I am 25!
(though it's officially around 2:30pm)

My sweet mother put my name in our local christian radio station's birthday list. Was pretty awesome to hear my name this morning!

Can we be honest for a minute or two? I had been thinking negatively lately about my birthday. Not because I am officially old, but there were just so many things I had hoped and wanted to accomplish by the time I was 25. The Lord spoke to me and said I don't get to choose the plan for my life, He does that. So I let go.

...And my whole attitude for today did a complete 360.

I am blessed beyond belief! I am blessed to be alive and celebrating this birthday with my amazing friends and family. Sure, I have lost many friends, but I keep telling myself that its better to have a few close and true friendships then just aquaintances. I am a part of an amazing community...the blog community! I am so thankful for each and every one of you! I am blessed to have the most wonderful man God put into my life and I know he has so much in store for the two of us. My walk with the Lord grows every day. And I know it'll only get better.

Have a great Thursday ya'll!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful and amazing day!

Blessings,
Kate

chloƫ. said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! So glad to hear about your 360...God is so good!

And 25 *totally* isn't old!..but you're definitely an "adult" now! :]

Alely said...

happy birthday! 25 is so young!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!! I felt the same way when I turned the big 3-0 last year, but came to the same conclusion as you have. It makes all the difference! Got a whole lot of livin' left to do girl! Enjoy your day! I look forward to hearing about how you celebrate...

nicole said...

happy birthday! welcome to the quarter-century club :)

Jamie said...

That is so great! Enjoy your day! Happy Birthday!!!! xo

Nicole-Lynn said...

That's great positive thinking! Happy birthday!

I just turned 26 on Monday.. yey for July bdays!

Amanda said...

i hope you have a beautiful day!!! 25 is an awesome age!! woot woot! ;)

Kyla Makay said...

I hope you have an AWESOME Birthday girl! :)

-makay

Anna @ IHOD said...

Happy birthday my dear! May the year be filled with blessings and surrounded by those you love. I am blessed to have "met" you this year!

25 is fantastic by the way!!!

BARBIE said...

Happy Birthday to you! Praying you have a beautiful day. Thank you for the blessing of you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Have a wonderful day to start a fabulous year!

Ashley said...

Happy birthday! I hope you can celebrate it all weekend!!!

Valerie said...

Yay for 25~hope it was great!

Anonymous said...

Happy 25th!! I just found your blog and love it!!! Hope you had a great birthday!!

Brooke D said...

happppppy late birthday!!!! you are so right... God knows the big plan :)