Monday, October 11, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Hey friends! Hope ya'll had a great weekend!
If you have today off...I envy you!
Happy Thanksgiving Day to my Canadian friends!

Join in and link up for Miscellany Monday!

{ONE} Jax and I had a sleepover at my friends with their pup Dexter. They had so much fun, possibly too much fun. I got little sleep. Jax is at the vet today. I literally felt pain when leaving him there. He is my little child. He was so happy...poor guy, little does he know he is about to be stripped of his manhood!



(Do you see how big Jax is? I love my lil bear)


{TWO} Saturday morning was the Ride for Breast Cancer Awareness. Just like running 5k's by yourself, going to a cycling event by yourself is so not fun. Felt awkward while waiting for the ride to begin. I did have the guts to ask a nice lady to take this picture for me.





There was a huge group of cyclists. I was pretty pumped to be able to ride in a big group as it is something I have never done before. But the event had poor planning and the group got split up by stop lights.





I was so worried about the stop light that I almost busted it, TWICE, because of not thinking to click out of my pedal. So embarassing. Then the group split up again when it came to the 10 mile and 25 mile paths. As much as I wanted to stay with the group, I wasn't prepared to do the 25 mile so I went, by myself, on the 10 mile path. I had no idea where I was going. I didn't understand that the markings for the path were actually spray painted on the cement. Thankfully I looked down and realized it. So yeah, I rode the entire way, on crazy busy roads, all by myself. I made it back to my car and left... disappointed.

{THREE} Saturday night my dear friend Jenny and I decided to take ourselves out for a nice dinner down on Idrive. The place we had planned to go was too busy, so we made our way to the best mexican restaurant ever...Don Pablos! Such a great decision! I had a couple Sangrias and Fajitas. YUM!





{FOUR} This weekend I am possibly going to Ft. Lauderdale to meet up with my sorority sister, aka my Big. I really hope the plans work out! I miss her so much! And I can't believe that the following weekend I will be in LA! Yahhhh!


{FIVE} I have my first blogger meet up Tuesday night with Sandy of Sandy a la Mode and Sonja!! So very excited!!!

{SIX} THE Ohio State Buckeyes moved up to number 1!!!

19 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

yay for bikeriding! and sounds like a fun weekend, girl. :)

have a blast with sandy! she is a sweetheart and a half!!!

Amy H. said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend. Um, ever need a 4th for a meetup HOLLA! We need a central FL bloggie group...

Caroline said...

Don't be disappointed! You did it! Be proud! You looked cute!

Yay for the blogger meet up. Can't wait to hear about it.

And Jax will be fine. I hated leaving Knox too, but he was back to his old self that night. I know the waiting is the hardest part.

Venessa said...

It sounds like you were one busy lady! But it sounds like you had a great weekend. Hope that Jax's recovery is smooth...poor guy!

Amy said...

omg!!! ft. lauderdale!!!??? can we meet puh puh please? :)

Laura Brown said...

I know how you feel! I had to run a 5k this weekend by myself and it is not fun!! I would love to try a cycling event though! It looks like fun!

Natalie said...

oh no about your cycling event. i'm sorry that it was a bust :(
I'm jealous you get to meet some bloggers IRL! So fun! Happy Monday!

Heather said...

Poor little Jax...I know how you feel, about being so sad because they have no clue!

That bike ride sounds miserable! I think I had my lip turned upside down the whole time reading it...I'm sorry it didn't go the way you had planned it would! Hopefully that ride is new and they've learned a few things for next time. The stop lights don't make sense in a big event like that!

Have a wonderful Monday!!

Rebekah said...

What a fun weekend! I hate leaving my dog at the vet too. I always feel horrible!

chloƫ. said...

Aww I hope your next ride goes way better! Don't let it stop you from trying again!

And next time you go out for fajitas, I'm coming. K, thanks. :]

shawni marie said...

you are so pretty bbf! sounds like a great weekend! i adore you and hope you have a blast with sandy! can't wait for our possible L.A. date <3 meow!

Brianna Renee said...

you should feel proud in yourself for not only biking it by yourself, but putting up with poor planning of the event! That's just pure awesomeness! : )

Blair McLeod said...

i'm getting a bike this week -- maybe i'll get good and find some fun bike races!

You'll love Sandy. I'm jealous. wish i could meet up too!

xo

Anna @ IHOD said...

1) how cute for a pup/ friend sleepover!
2) Glad you are doing FUN things with your girlfriends! Its wonderful to have their support!
3) Jealous you get to see you big sis! I miss mine!
4) Hooray for the Scarlet and Grey!!!! OWOWOW!!!!

Ms. Emmy N said...

Congratulations on the bike ride... you should be proud, I don't think I would ever have the guts to do that on my own, and for such a great cause... good for you girly!

Hope you get to make it do Ft Lauderdale, how fun!

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

Hey, the bike ride may not have turned out great, but you should be proud of yourself for having the courage to do that! I don't think that's something I could do, but never say never, right?

Brooke D said...

Aw I wish we lived closer and I could meet you!! Have so much fun!

I'm so sorry about your biking incident but I am SO proud of you that you went alone... What an accomplishment!!!

AH... You have such a cute puppy!! How big is he? Ugh, when Jonah got his manhood stripped it was the saddest thing ever- They just have those little puppy eyes. Jonah is 45 pounds (I think you asked when you left a comment... if not well then that's random haha!)

yumm sangria and fajitas sound great!! You deserved a fun night out.

Miss you, beautiful friend!!!

Amanda said...

you look cute with trek!!! :) and hello to jax!

Kristin said...

Sorry to hear about the race...sounds like you had a super fun dinner to make up for it though! How did little Jax do? Hoping he is right as rain and recovering well! I need to take my Caroline to get the same thing done SOON. Just haven't had time to schedule it...still working on the potty training thing. Grrr... Taking both dogs to the park for the first time together. Wish me luck!