Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Randoms

Friday Randomness!

*Two songs on serious repeat this week: A Little Bit Stronger by Sara Evans and Hollywood by Michael Buble.

*Confession: I am not a fan of Sprinkles cupcakes (gasp!) I know. My cupcake crazy self has tasted better! Sweet! By Good Golly Miss Holly is my favorite.


(red velvet, pumpkin, strawberry)

*Speaking of cupcakes... I made these for my coworkers today! Yum!



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

*Check out my awesome SOA shirt! Got the hookup when I was in CA because Julia's hubby Matt works on their set! I feel pretty BA (badass...Love you Dane Cook) when I wear it, I won't lie. Wish I could get one specially made for the pup, since he was named after the character Jax.



*Hair tips! I went to see my stylist, Marissa from Box Office Hair, and she gave me some lovely information. All you thin/dry haired people listen up!!

-You do not want to use shampoo or conditioners with Panthenol in them because this will dry your hair out.
-Do you use Sea Salt spray? I was thinking of buying some, because I read somewhere it is great for volume...something my hair seriously lacks. You must know that Sea Salt spray is not for everyday use, as the salt seriously drys out your hair. It is more for a fun night out.
-If you are looking for everyday volume, use a volume thickening spray.
-Another tip...only put conditioner on the ends of your hair. That is probably old news to everyone, but its new to me.

*My Halloween costume is scheduled to arrive today!! SO EXCITED! Can't wait to share pictures! What are you dressing up as? I have always wanted to dress up at the Chiquita banana lady.

Have a fun and safe weekend!
If you have cold weather where you live, send some this way puhlease!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great hair tips! My hair gets SO dry in the winter. I really hate it. I'm not dressing up this year :( I'm going to carry around B (dressed as a bee) to some relatives' houses. My very favorite costume was Carmen San Diego. Greatest. Costume. Ever.

TheNameIsCasie said...

I want to try one of your cupcakes SO BADLY -- we must hang out soon. ♥

Molly said...

Ohh your cupcakes look scary and delish! Happy Halloween!

Amanda said...

happy friday! those cupcakes you made are adorable! i'm sure everyone loved them. thanks for the hair tips. sadly i am one of those thin/dry haired peeps! and guess what?! i have dressed up as the banana lady before!!!! i still have the fruit hat! it was a lot of fun. i think i'm posting a pic of it on my blog tomorrow. lol! have a wonderful weekend! can't wait to see your costume. :)

Chrissi said...

mmmm, i want a cupcake. now!

Rebekah said...

Yum! Those cupcakes look good! I haven't found a cupcake place around our new area, and I'm wanting to now.

Awesome hair tips! I have thin hair, but it's not dry. At least, I hope not. I didn't know to only put conditioner on the ends of my hair.

Jessica said...

SOA is my favorite show. I have a HUGE crush on Jax Teller. Oh man. It's fine, my husband doesn't mind!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

I totally failed at baking for co-workers the Giants game was on and I was at a bar.. I think that reigns supreme :)

Cupcakes turned out adorable I want one!

Rachel said...

Holy Moly those cupcakes you made look awwwwesome! Thanks for all the blog comments. you are so sweet to comment.

Kim said...

mmm cupcakes. can't wait to see you as the chiquita banana chica!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Oh MAN!! Now I REALLY want a cupcake!!!! THANKS!!! ;P

Celeste said...

Wow thanks for sharing the hair tips! I definitely have been using too much conditioner...

Sandy a la Mode said...

i LOVEEE Sweet! cupcakes!! can't wait to have more! btw, i'll be back in Orlando the week after thanksgiving (that's the current plan anyways but things could always change), will keep you posted!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

SHUT UP...DYING with jealousy over your SOA tee. The hubs and are completely addicted to Sons. Do you watch Justified? I can't tell who's better eye candy...Raylor or Jax. HA!