Tuesday, October 26, 2010

LA Trip Recap 1


Without further adieu, here is the first recap from my trip to LA!

First: Thank you, again, to my sweet friend Julia for opening her home and for driving me around in that crazy LA traffic!

Left Thursday night. I had the best two flights on the way to Cali.
Nothing like a great start to a vacation!

The flight from Orlando to Dallas was packed (of course, flights these days are). I had the middle seat. It's always nerve wrecking to find out who you will sit by. The guy to my right kept to himself. While I had hoped to be able to get some rest, the guy next to me ended up being a super nice guy! We got started talking because The Office came on the airplane TV's. I saw him laugh to himself and so I took the opportunity to say how great this episode was. We got started talking about how much we love the show and also Modern Family. That led to talking about what he does, why he was in FL, what life is like in Oklahoma, and his wife. We actually sat there watching The Office in silence but laughing because we knew the episode so well. Hahah. Love it!

So on to my second flight, Dallas to LAX! The best flight by far! Again, I had the middle seat. Two gentlemen sat down beside me. Both obviously friends because they were talking. I got nervous wondering if this is how the entire flight is going to be. I needed to get some sleep so I could manage staying awake since LA is 3 hours behind FL (meaning it would be midnight my time when I arrived in LA, way past my normal bedtime). They started to casually talk to me and next thing I know they are offering me wine, which one can never turn down. Well our row (18) turned into a huge party. We got to talking and drinking! The flight attendants joined us, gave us a couple of free rounds of drinks and gave me food so I could drink more! Haha. It was AWESOME! I lost the tiredness, they even offered me a job (they are VP's of Behr paint) and said I am totally a Cali girl! Aw!!! I seriously will never forget you Joe and Phil!


They refused to let me wait alone while Julia came to pick me up... so they grabbed my luggage and waited with me. Gentlemen right? Again, LOVE it. Julia arrived and I said my goodbyes to "my bodyguards".


Julia and I then headed to Toi Thai! It was so good! My first time trying Thai food! YUM YUM YUM.



Afterwards we left to go meet her Husband, almost got hit by a crazy driver who decided to run a red light and show off how fast his car can go (who then proceeded to get pulled over! Score!), then headed home. I could barely keep my eyes open.

Friday was a busy day of playing tourist in Hollywood. But that's for tomorrow's recap!
Stay tuned!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww..I'm so glad you had fun in LA! Wish I could have been there!

Jamie said...

I love your flight story! That's awesome! So glad they weren't creepy and that you had an awesome time! :)
Can't wait to hear the rest!!!!
xoxo

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! I never knew a plane ride would be so interesting! VP's of Behr paint? Uh......that's so AWESOME! Thai food is soooo yummy. I hope you enjoyed it and can't wait to read more tomorrow! :)

chloƫ. said...

Aww I love sitting next to fun people on planes!! Sounds like a great trip so far! :]

{ps. my word verification is "liked"...love it!]

monica said...

what a great trip!!!

xo
monica

Anonymous said...

Wow love that you made friends with the people sitting around you. I always end up sitting next to either very crabby or sleepy people.

shawni marie said...

ahhh! i love love love thai food!! looks so yummy. and i love that you can make friends wherever you go. you have such a beautiful heart BBF <333

Amy and Kyle said...

That was so sweet of those men! Don't you just love when God works things out like that?! What a fun trip! I went to Anaheim a few years ago and loved it! Can't wait to see your Hollywood post!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

How fun! Love the plane ride stories you should take up that job offer! It's always weird seeing how a long flight could go with weirdos or as you have totally awesome guys to sit next too!

So I live in Cali but I've never been to LA just Disneyland so that doesn't count!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Michelle, that story of you and the guys on row 18 is PRICELESS!! I'm so glad you had such a nice time. :)

Kelly and Sara said...

ohhhh looks so fun

Campfire Chic said...

Such a cute story!

Sandy a la Mode said...

what a cute story girl!! yay for trips to LA!!! traffic IS horrendous though!!

Anna @ IHOD said...

Traveling always brings so much fun adventures....and not so fun ones! ha ha...
I have met so many cool people on planes!

Anonymous said...

I love Toi Thai!! Isn't it just the yummiest?

Too funny about your bodyguards :)