Tuesday, October 12, 2010

YOU are Amazing!

Has anyone told you that lately?

It’s about time you heard it again.
I hear you saying, “Who me?”
I’m saying right back, “Yep, you.”

You…
the one doing your thing,
making your difference,
being a glorious mess
that God can use.

You…
getting back up
when you fall down,
trying again
when it doesn’t work out,
doing the hard, the different, taking those steps of faith.

You…
wonderfully made just like you are,
and on your way to becoming all He made you to be.
I see you squirming in that chair, squinting a little at that screen and thinking,
“That’s for other women but I’m not so sure about me.”
Girl, believe it, receive it, it’s true.

This is for YOU.


by Holley Gerth from (in)courage.

13 comments:

Kelly and Sara said...

Such a great message. Hope you have an amazing day :)

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

sweet reminder. i need to be reminded of that everyday. thanks for sharing!

Rebekah said...

What a wonderful reminder! Thanks for sharing that!

Venessa said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it! Have a lovely Tuesday morning!

Rachel said...

What a great reminder. I work with the youth at my church and am currently discipling a girl with an eating disorder. So so hard! Praying Psalm 139 over her life and going to send this poem to her!

Unknown said...

I love this. Thanks for sharing!

Laura Brown said...

I have had an awful day at work so far and that was a wonderful reminder!! Thank you!

shawni marie said...

this is exactly the kind of love God wants us to share, and I am so happy I have you bbf to remind me of that. Hope you have a wonderful wonderful day <3

Nicki said...

Thank you for this post! I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog this morning/afternoon. It's so very inspiring!

Unknown said...

Awe....this was so sweet for you to post, Michelle. Thank you dear. YOU are AWESOME too! :)

Unknown said...

we haven't talked before - but i am going to say THANK YOU!

PS PASS IT ON --> GIVE-AWAY going on – 2 necklaces = 2 winners .. LAST day to ENTER!!!

~Join Necklace Give-Away Here~

*kiss kiss*
Erika @ ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

That is an incredibly sweet post!

Manda said...

Thanks for this, precious Michelle. <3