Thursday, October 7, 2010

I've been tagged!

Rachel from Extraordinary Love tagged me with these 8 questions:

1. What do you do for a living and is it your passion? If it's not, what would be your dream job?
I am a receptionist at a manufacturing company. It's reallllly exciting. Ha. Those who know me know that my DREAM JOB would be to have my own cupcakery! I have a passion for baking cupcakes! One day...



2. What kind of tradition does your family have at Christmas time?
On Christmas Eve we attend a service at our church. We have a nice breakfast on Christmas morning. My dad always reads from the bible before we open presents to remind us why we truly celebrate this day. Unfortunately we have no immediate family in Fl.


3. What is your favorite form of fitness and why do you like it?
Cycling!!! It is so refreshing! A great cardio work out. I have recently been doing more indoor cycling/spin classes to up the intensity.


4. If you're married, did you have a long or short engagement? If you're not, would you want a long or short engagement?
Not married, but I would def want a short engagement, like 3 or 4 months tops. I don't see the point in having a long engagement.

5. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Being able to express myself through "internet journaling"; meeting new bloggers; finding inspiration/advice; all the lovely friends I have made!


6. What is your favorite way to worship? (Singing, praying, serving, reading?)
SINGING! I love music. This weekend I layed out on my parents diving board to soak up some Vitamin D and had my ipod tuned to my favorite worship songs. I love moments like those. I have spent a lot more time in worship lately, for obvious reasons, and it's been just amazing. Idk what I would do without music!


7. Does your name have special meaning?
Michelle? No. Anyone remember those little cards with the meaning of your name? Mine always said "Who is like God"... I wish I could claim to be like him! Always something worth striving for though.


8. Truthfully would you ever consider adopting a child? If so, would you pursue foster adoption, domestic or international?
Of course I would consider adopting a child. Honestly, I am not sure which I would pursue. I haven't thought that much into it at this point in my life.

----

I have also been tagged by the lovely Mrs. Hesson from I.M.T.L.Y.


1. What would your dream date consist of?
I love being suprised and I love someone who knows me and goes out of their way to make the date special. Taking me on a romantic date to the beach is probably my dream date. My heart loves the beach.

2. What's your favorite reality tv show?
Not a fan of reality TV. I loved MTV's The Hills til LC left.


3. How tall are you? How tall would you like to be?
I am short... 5'2. I always use to say 5'3, as if it sounded better? LOL.

4. If you were stranded on an island, what would be 2 things you wish you had with you?
The person I love, for I can't live without them and a Bible.
An endless supply of chocolate would be my next choice. Ha.


5. Do you look at the keyboard when you type?
No, I am the typing queen!


6. What's your favorite ice cream?
Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie...YUM!


7. Are you afraid of flying?
Nope! I really enjoy flying. I wish I traveled more!


8. Which restaurant has your favorite french fries?
Steak N' Shake!

11 comments:

Natalie said...

i'm glad you played along! : )
We are a lot alike...I see NO point in long engagements! I think 3-4 months would be perfect (unfortunately mine was 13 months...long story!) and I think cycling is my favorite too! I really want to take a spin class...I've never done it before but it sounds amazing. Is it hard?? My gym JUST added spin classes this past month so I should give it a try : )

B said...

I was just coming to your page to tell you that you've been TAGGED! (again! woopsie! haha)

Rebekah said...

A cupcakery would be so cool! I think you're brave to want a short engagment! We were engaged for 9 months and that was perfect for us. Not too long, but not too short.

Your fav ice cream is my fav too! Though I rarely buy it.

Have a great day!

Courtney @ One Fine Wire said...

I'm so glad you said something about Steak 'N Shake - I've heard only horrible things, and we are getting a new one in our area. Also - go for creating that cupcakery, that sounds amazing!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

I loveee cycling it's so much fun! Especially if there is good music and a good teacher.

Ms. Emmy N said...

Yum, I love Steak N Shake fries! And shakes :)

And I am with you on the Cupcake shop, it would be so much fun, and all of the customers would be in a great mood because they are buying such sweet little treats!

It's always fun reading more about you!

Heather said...

1. If you make cupcakes, I will come :-)
2. I've always wanted to try cycling but since my butt is bruised {and my lungs feel like collapsing} after a quick mile ride I don't know if that's right for me.
3. I'm totally with you on the LC thing. I miss her too...ok, I'm talking life we're bffs or something!
4. Music is my passion too!

Ok, I think I'm done now!! :-)

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Singing is definitely my favorite way to worship!
My favorite date was when Steven took me to see a broadway play. It was actually on our honeymoon. The theatre was beautiful and the acting/singing were amazing!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Hey girl! Just stumbled across your blog, and I'm lovin it! It's super cute (as are you!). Glad I found ya!

Julia said...

I love it!!! We have so much in common! You rock and I can't wait for you to come visit! PS were the same height and we both don't believe in long engagements, & I don't like reality tv either (loved the hills but not without LC) Love you!

Rachel said...

This is hysterical. I had to do a double take at number 1. I'm a receptionist at a manufacturing company too. would love to teach piano full time--I have my own piano studio now but just teaching 9 students. I'll be praying for you as we both are put in this season as receptionists! Haha!Love that I stumbled upon your blog!