Monday, June 27, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{Link up with Carissa & check out her new blog look!}

(1) I am uber happy that my girl Heather finally decided to join the blog world! Yay! Check out her blog, Cheddar Heels, and give her a warm welcome!

(2) MOVIES: I saw Super 8 last week and it was SO GOOD!!! I definitely recommend seeing it! I saw Bad Teacher this past weekend and I do not recommend paying $10 to see it. It's funny and Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel are great but yeah....no bueno. I rented The Killers and it was entertaining as well as Just Go With It. Can you tell what I have been doing with all my free time?!

(3) Had a sushi date with my friend Jenny this weekend, a belated graduation celebration. It's the same sushi place I always talk about. I am obsessed. Raspberry Saketini, Edamame, Coconut Shrimp with Eel sauce...AMAZING. I switched it up a bit and got the drink special, it was a Peach Bellini but with sake and a hint of ginger! It did NOT disappoint.

 {sushi pop-oviedo}

(4) Found a new mixer for Rangtang! Ginger ale! I also introduced my mom to it. We kept it classy.


(5) I realized I haven't posted about my sweet Jax baby in awhile! He is the same ole crazy boy. I woke up this morning though, on the complete opposite side of my bed in an awkward position...while Jax was sprawled out looking all comfy on MY side. Lil terd. I don't know how he managed to that. Anyways, here are some sweet pictures of him (as if I don't already post enough) : 

 {playing with his bones}



 {sitting on top of my momma so she will play with me}

(6) It's been real stormy here in FL. We need the rain though, too many fires. But I spent my weekend dodging the rain!!! It was crazy. This one was the worst, I was racing the storm back to my house from the gym before all hell let loose! 


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes, Jax is huge - I guess I never ealized how big he is :)

Oh, that rain looks lovely - We desperately need it, send it to AZ please.... :)

Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

I saw Super 8 and thought it was fun. I have The Killers saved to watch while packing this week...

Love the KD shirt sneaking into the post :)

Unknown said...

The Killers was entertaining -- it is the first movie I have seen where I actually appreciated Ashton Kutcher for his comedy acting. I liked that he wasn't all goofy and awkward like in That 70's Show lol

Hollie Ann said...

I want to see super 8 so bad!!! My bf saw it without me when I was out of town. Bad boyfriend!

Megan said...

Awwww, I love Jax! Those pictures made me smile...and my pups said they would love to meet him! : )

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

1) That Sushi looks and sounds AMAZING.
2) I love Peach Bellini and now I have to find one...but it's only 2:46pm on a Monday.
3) What is Rangtang? Need to google it I guess. ;-)

Amanda said...

i'm glad you posted some pics of jax!!!! we needed to see that cute face. :)

Amy said...

What an adorable blog you have! Beautiful layout and I love your fonts! And what is this Rangtang?! Hmmmm.

Sandy a la Mode said...

i totally want to see super 8!! and now more b/c you said so!! ahh i hope the rain stops before next week!!

Unknown said...

wow great pictures girl :) so glad i came across your blog!! I def want to see super 8 too ha! xo

Laura Elizabeth said...

Jax's ears are so huge! I love it!!!

I love watching movies. I definitely spend way too much of my spare time watching movies!

Lori said...

Oh my word I love your blog :) and your dog. And those drinks look amazing!

new follower, please stop on by..
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

carissa said...

love love love your blog design. and now i want sushi. you're a proud dog mommy and for good reason. : )

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

YAY for summer movie fun. ;) Sooo, I totally was wanting to see Bad Teacher, but now I'm rethinking it. Guess I'll put it on my netflix. ;) They are playing Super 8 in Imax here and I am DYING to see it!!!!

Unknown said...

this little rangtang three olives sounds right up my mixed drink alley. must try when i get back!

Rissy said...

ok I DEFINITELY want to see Super 8 now... I think I'll hold off on Bad Teacher... thanks girl!

I pretty much loved every alcohol related part of this post hahah... I die for a bellini... and now I kind of want to try that re-mixed version!

CarissaExplainsItAll