Friday, January 7, 2011

Fashion Friday



Hello my long lost gals! Sorry I’ve been on hiatus these past couple of weeks. As you know, I was in New York the week of Christmas… which, thanks to the blizzard, we were there for an extra FIVE days! Don’t get me wrong, I loved being there longer than expected but as my boyfriend said “The money tree doesn’t bloom in the snow.” Haha! We made it work though and it was a blast! Hope everyone had a great Christmas/New Years!!

While I was in the city, I noticed two things: half of the population wore next to nothing in the winter weather, the other half didn’t care what they looked like. I saw lots and lots of leggings. Sometimes, I was thinking that these girls were crazy since the temperature was about 30 degrees everyday. But I guess that’s the sacrifice to look cute ;)

I took a couple of photos of three outfits I wore while I was up there.
(covered up by a pea coat, of course)


Occasion: Lunch at The Breslin
Shirt: Target
Jeans: American Eagle (fit PERFECTLY by the way, I bought two pairs)
Boots: Steve Madden (These are the ones I was talking about in the last post)


Occasion: Christmas Eve dinner
Shirt: H&M (bought it in NY)
Leggings: Target
Boots: Forever 21
Necklace: Forever 21

This shirt is more flowy than it looks in this picture. I am in love with it!
I brought the necklace with me from home and it ended up matching perfectly.


Occasion: New Years Eve
Shirt: Forever 21
Necklace: Forever 21
Jeans: Wet Seal
Shoes: Charlotte Russe

Look at my adorable cat in the background. Haha!

Here are some other pictures I took while in NY:


Central Park



(Another great accessory that’s very useful: RAIN BOOTS!)

-HEATHER

17 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Such cute outfits...and I LOVE those boots in the first one!

Anonymous said...

<3 the new years eve outfit!

Rebekah said...

Those are great! So cute!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

heather, so in love with outfit #2! looking good, girl!

Anonymous said...

Love the stripes!!

According to Jax said...

I'm loving your blog! I'm your newest follower! :)

www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com

Jacqueline

OB said...

such cuteness even in SNOW!!! Impressive! ;)


Happy News Years love, thank you for the lovely words on my blog, I hope this year bring your compete joy, self love and happiness <3

Annemarie said...

Love your outfits- you look gorgeous! And what a fabulous place to be snowed in at! Our friends were there for an extra 3 days because of the blizzard as well! Crazy.

Have a great weekend love xoxo

Emily said...

Looks like you had fun. I love your brown boots super cute! Yes I agree New yorkers are not usually dressed fashionable and warm at the same time haha

Unknown said...

Love all your outfits!!
Those pictures in New York are gorgeous!

Ann said...

i love your boots and striped shirts! i may have to try that combo!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

I'm confused Michelle.. Who is heather? Sorry lol love the outfits though

Jordan said...

Adorable outfits- I especially love all the boots and really want some brown ones myself!

Sarah said...

Love the brown boots! 5 days is A LOT to extend a vacation. I heard the airports were beyond nuts and no hotels to be found. Looks like you had fun!

BJJ said...

Heather - you looked great on your trip! Hopefully you made the best out of your extra-lengthy stay!
We still need to get together now that I'm living back in ORLANDO - talk about long lost friend!

pickingwildflowersblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

ok, so this is my first time reading your blog (which i love btw) and i want to guess that you are not from new york haha whatever the temperature is in new york, minues 10 or 15 degrees and you have my home in boston :) haha i promise you get used it.

you did great with the fashion part though!! outfits are adorable!! can't wait to read more!! :)

http://anerdslist.blogspot.com/

Kassie said...

Wish I was as stylish as you! :) Love the outfits, esp the boots.