Monday, January 10, 2011

Miscellany Monday


*one* Hello new followers! I forgot to mention this is last Friday's Fashion Friday post: My lovely, gorgeous, and "real life" friend Heather guest posts on my blog for Fashion Fridays...not me. There was some confusion there!

*two* I got to mark something off of my bucket list Friday! I shot a gun for the first time!!!!!!!! I was REALLY nervous when I walked into the gun range. I jumped at the sound of each bullet going off around me. After many deep breaths and talking to myself I finally gained my composure and shot a 9mm gun. My first shot went right in the head of the target!!! MONEY! I felt calm and comfortable after a few rounds. I also shot a 45mm. That is a little too much for me. Shootin rounds is a great stress reliever, by the way. At the end of the night, I fell in love with guns. I am now hoping to get my own gun here soon!

(note-the gun was not loaded in this picture)


*three* Jax and I went out on the lake this weekend! It was his first time in the boat. I was a nervous mommy. But he did so well and absolutely loved it! I love my lil man. You can see how happy he is in these pictures...



*four* Finished the first week of P90X... And I am feeling great! Bring it on Week 2!

*five* I have an itch to go on a Missions Trip this year... Praying God will lead me in the right direction.

*six* Carissa, who hosts Miscellany Monday's, is having a giveaway! Go check it out!

(I have a giveaway coming up around the corner as well...if you have followed my blog for awhile now, you know what I will be giving away, wink wink.)

14 comments:

BJJ said...

That's awesome that you got to go shoot guns! I did the same thing last week with my friend Bradley. Congrats on p90x Week 1!!! Sore?? ;)
I'm working on my Miscellany Monday right now! Enjoyed yours, "real/blog friend" :)

Al said...

I LOVE your blog, darlin! Stopping by from Miscellany Monday and will be follower #290 ;) Have a lovely day!
By the way, your dog is adorable! How fun!

Lauren said...

look at you with the gun! SO tough! ;)

Can't wait to see where God leads for a mission trip! :)

Christina said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Sounds like a good week, i have heard so much about P90x and how hard it is, so i am seriously impressed.

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

look at you shoot that handgun! ;)
oooh and i have a huge heart for mission trips - cant wait to see where God take you with it!

Rebekah said...

I've been begging my husband to take me shooting. We don't have hand gun, only shot guns, but we're getting a hand gun and I want to learn to use it! Yay for
P90x! Dylan and I used to do it before our wedding, but it wasn't ours. I want to get it!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

shooting looks so fun! I would love to learn.
Good luck on the mission trip! That sounds amazing!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Yaaaa girl! I own a few of my own guns I have my own personal handgun for my safety. It's amazing I love it. LOL I have a smaller one though with less kick back than a 9mm.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!
Our Ruger LOVES the boat and being in the water =)
The Husband and I are on Day 9 today for P90X! Woo -- the Core Synergystics was SO much easier the 2nd time around!!

Anonymous said...

You go!! I can barely get through a P90X workout, much less a week!!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't make it past day 4 with P90x. Sad subject.

Angie said...

Your dog is so adorable!! What a cutie!!

That's awesome you got to shoot a gun! That's something I've always wanted to do.

shawni marie said...

you are doing p90x?! how is it?! is it crazy? i bought it, but i am so scared!!