Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Love Dare


(via)

Im gonna go out on a limb and be a little open today...

I just started a daily devotional called THE LOVE DARE, DAY BY DAY by Stephen Kendrick & Alex Kendrick. It's a year of devotions for couples, but I have chosen to do this with myself. It is so good, I highly suggest it. Well...Day 1 was yesterday and I failed the dare...MISERABLY. It talked about how love is the greatest of all things, without it we are nothing. The dare was to embrace love. "LIVE A LIFE OF LOVE" Loving God and others is what life is really about. I did not embrace it like I should have yesterday. I am so ashamed.


I am posting this because of Day 2. It talked about anger and selfishness. "DING DING DING"! THIS is what has been wrong with me. I have been full of anger and selfishness. How dare I! I have really hurt someone who means the world to me. I feel awful. How did I let this consume me?

"Anger can fuel hatred in a man's heart until he feels like attacking his enemy. But love can spark kindness in his heart so he lays down his life for his friend. Selfishness can drive a woman to tighten her grip and hoard her resources. But love can inspire her to open her hands and give sacrifically. Love is the purest and most powerful motivator."

Pray for me.

"If I have all faith, so that I can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing" 1 Corinthians 13:2

14 comments:

Courtney said...

Praying for you, Michelle!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Praying for you.

Good for you to move ahead with this and to be open about your experience. There's real growth there.

Blessings,
Rachel

Ashley said...

Everyday is a new day, a new day to start fresh and make it better than the last.

Unknown said...

Praying for you, and you'll pray for me? I know we both struggle with this. It's so weird how we both do, but God is good and faithful to bring us to the fullness of His Son.

Love you sister.
xoxox

Seriously considering getting "love is slow to anger" tattooed on my wrist or something.

Jamie said...

Praying for you! We're all guilty of similar things! Don't be too hard on yourself! xo

chloƫ. said...

oh sweet friend, i'm definitely praying! it's going in the pww journal! these things are always the worst, and i hope things start looking up soon.

and be sure to fight to spend time with Jesus every morning. i know it's so hard to do sometimes, but it truly makes all the difference.

Brooke D said...

I loved this post so much. I wrote the book down so my husband and I can try it. I am so impressed you were so open on your blog...way to go!! Praying for you friend!!

Sandy a la Mode said...

i am praying for you girl!!! i really love the meaning behind that quote and wholeheartedly agree with it! you are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Love your post! I wrote down the book to so I can get it!

Love bears all things, Believes all things, Hopes all things, Endures all things, Love Never Fails...1 Cor. 13:7-8

Praying for you! I hope you have a Blessed Week! Good Luck!

Monica ^i^

Blair McLeod said...

Just found your blog & LOVE it.

Great post. Just said a prayer for you.

xo, your newest follower
blair

www.wild-and-precious.com

Cole Franke said...

You are not alone! I struggle all the time. I should get a tattoo somewhere very visable for me that reads love, love, love. because its so easy sometimes to hate. But I think the more time we spend with Him, the more our hearts are changed like His. So there is hope. :) praying for you.

Jasmine Iris said...

i get angered by my bf so easily :\ i need help in this dept. oh love of course i'll pray for you!

love love love

BARBIE said...

I'll be praying for you! I know I deal with anger sometimes, but then God gently shows me it's really myself I am mad at.

rachel said...

praying for you, michelle. <3!