Monday, November 29, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Post Random and Link Up over at Carissa's Blog!


(ONE) Happy Cyber Monday!!! I wish I would have known about this before I did all my online shopping on Black Friday. Meh. Oh well! Go check out your favorite online stores...gurantee they have some type of deal going on.

(TWO) Turkey Trottin' with Heather (from Fashion Fridays) and her sister Melanie!






Mimosa's at the finish line!

(THREE) I bought Jax a nice bed...Not cheap either. (he is spoiled) But now he refuses to sleep in it. He prefers my parents' dog's bed. Not cool.


(The one and only time he layed in it...)

(FOUR) I don't understand how men wear dress shirts everyday. I have one on today for an offsite event for work I have to attend tonight and I AM SO UNCOMFORTABLE. And on top of that I realized I am not suppose to be wearing jeans...Today is going downhill rather quickly.

(FIVE) Saturday was a great college football day!! OHIO STATE killed their rival, Michigan and the Florida Gators got slaughtered by the Seminoles. Makes me smile.

(SIX) Over the holiday, I started reading Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney (thanks for the recommendation from my sweet friend Rachel). It is so good. I suggest it both for single and married women! I have been moved by this book as we examine Titus 2. Yesterday, I read the chapter on loving your husband. The chapter was based on the phileo type of love, not agape. Agape love comes natural for women. Friendships are built on phileo love and as wives they forget to love their husbands with this type of love. If you are married... Send your hubby an extra special love note/text today! Do it...right now! :)

16 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

what a fun weekend!! good for you to run the turkey trot - i'm not a runner so i admire all runners! ;)

and what a cute little bed for the fur-baby!!

happy monday, friend!!

Amanda said...

ummm you look SO cute running in the turkey trot!!! we were going to but it was soooooo cold here on thanksgiving. :( we are whimps!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

That book sounds great! I've enjoyed so much of her husbands work. You look so cute in the pics!

Rachel said...

wish i were athletic...=/

I'm glad u are loving that book =) small changes I've learned from that book has been instrumental in our marriage lately =)

ty said...

I've read that your Ohio State may be playing my Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl ... meet you in Glendale!

Unknown said...

You are such a doll. Love this post and totally sent the hubs a love note!!

chloƫ. said...

wow...wearing a tank top on thanksgiving! it snowed during our turkey trot!

and that books sounds amazing...might have to read it soon! :]

Natalie said...

yay for the turkey trot!!! i love the action shot of you-makes me want to go run today!! :) Glad you had a great thanksgiving! Happy Monday friend!

Sandy a la Mode said...

oh my goodness! i can't keep up with all these cyber monday deals!! and booo on college football haha!! see ya soooooon!! :D

Nicki said...

The turkey trot looked like so much fun! I bet you didn't feel as guilty while indulging in your Thanksgiving dinner! :]

That sounds like a really interesting book. I'll have to look into it!

Amber said...

Love the pup - our dogs prefer to sleep on our old clothes rather than the expensive pretty dog beds we bought for them. Go figure!

I am going to have to take up your reading suggestion. I constantly need to be reminded of the type of Christian wife I should strive to be!

Hope you're having a great Monday!

Rebecca said...

Just found your blog. Love it!! I'm your newest follower! :)

Chelsea said...

haha, that turkey trot looks really fun!

& I am far from getting married.. well kind of. but what you wrote about that book sounds very interesting.

Sarah Ann said...

woo hoo! you go girl!

shawni marie said...

i miss you like crazy bbf.
how is everything?
jax is so stinking adorable!!!

Holly Knitlightly said...

Congrats on running in the turkey trot!! So awesome. :) hehe love Jax's new bed!