Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lemons

Many of you may follow Sarah Ann at Bon Mot (if you don't, you should!) and have probably read this, but I wanted to share (paraphrase) it again because it really inspired me this week.

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Sarah and her bible study group are going through different women in the Bible, and this week, they came to Mary. Each week, she challenges the girls to put themselves in the shoes of the woman they're studying. "Well, this week was crazy. Talk about an "interruption" to the life she had planned. She almost lost the husband she was about to marry, and she became pregnant, sans the baby-making. It's kind of more than an interruption. It's a lemon. A big, fat, yellow one.

The thing that blew us all away about Mary was:
She found moments to treasure in her heart, even when her life did not go as planned. She chose to make the interruption a treasure. She chose to love the lemon."

When life gives you lemons, choose to see the beauty of the lemon. Thank God for the lemon. Treat the lemon as if it was such a pleasant surprise, that you can't imagine life without it.

13 comments:

Nicki said...

This was such a beautiful post. To be honest, when I saw the preview of your title and lemons picture on my dashboard, I thought you were going to say, "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade." This is SO much better!!! Thanks for sharing, dear!!!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

totally love that part of mary's story! thanks for sharing, friend. :)

Rebekah said...

I love this! That's an awesome way to think about it.

Thanks for sharing this!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

What a lovely post! Thanks for sharing it.

Amanda said...

i had read her post too! i love the idea of thanking god for our lemons in life!

Kim said...

aaaaamen.

shawni marie said...

beautiful post sweetheart. i loved reading this <3

Sarah Ann said...

:) Aw! Yay! I'm glad you reposted this! In fact, I needed to remember this! You're lovely! I saw that you were looking into a new design, and if you'd like, I would love to help you (for free, of course... I'm kind of on a designing hiatus.. yours would just be for fun because you have a fun style!)
Anyway, let me know! You're awesome!!!

Gorgeous Glam said...

So true! Love this post, it was what I needed to read today! xoxo

Anna @ IHOD said...

Oh how I love this post...such a beautiful reflection.
Mary is my ultimate woman role model...humble, selfless, loving, and she makes lemonade out of lemons!

Venessa said...

I love Sarah Ann's post! And I love this one. A very good reminder.

Tatiana said...

I often though of Mary. She was just a teenager when this huge responsibility was given to her. I can't even imagine bitting into such a huge lemon... Great post :-)

Holly Knitlightly said...

Aw, this was really lovely!! Thank you! :)