Monday, July 22, 2013

Bonzai Sushi Bar

The Hubs and I had a random date night this weekend. We hopped in our car, put on some Mumford & Sons and enjoyed the ride to the North Shore town of Haleiwa. I've been having some major sushi withdrawals since being here. Odd right? I've tried multiple places on this island and hated every single place

This little joint changed everything.



Super busy, and very small but worth every penny.

{Hawaiian Roll, Hawaiian Poke-the best I've ever had, Crispy Ahi Roll}

We were pleased with them all.

SAKE!

I have a feeling we will become regulars.... 
We decided to take a stroll afterward. I believe this artist's work can be seen all over Oahu, but you mainly see it in Haleiwa/North Shore. 

The sky was incredible this particular evening. Unfortunately, my camera didn't capture the full beauty of it, so you have these blurry photos to enjoy.



*ps- we live by Yelp ratings., but sometimes Yelp is wrong. This place deserved way more than 3.5 stars.

4 comments:

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

How cute is that sushi bar? Sitting on the floor and that tuna roll looked bomb! I love north shore.. I'm really bummed I'm not going to Hawaii now..

Kait said...

Yum! We love the place by us that just went into Ko Olina, because before that the only place we found that we liked was in Kauai! Major buzzkill Hawaii!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Yum. Sushi is my happy place. :)

Holly said...

I loved the North Shore when I visited! And that sushi looks divine :)