Monday, July 8, 2013

Kealia Trail {Attempt}

Last Wednesday Jax and I set off to meet our new friend and hiking buddy, Katie, at Kealia Trail. This was a trail that both of us had never been on before so it was an adventure to see what it would be like. It's a very different hike than the others in Hawaii, full of switchbacks, dry but plenty of beautiful views. 

Our first hike together!


Unfortunately, we only made it halfway up the hike. Poor Jax baby was getting very overheated. It was SO hot. 

We definitely plan to attempt this hike another day, but much earlier in the morning!





It's so fun meeting great people whom you can share your interests and beauty of the island with! 

Looking forward to the next time, Katie!
*If you and your dog are into running/hiking, a RUFFWEAR Roamer Leash is a must! This was our first time using it and I love it. I have heard/read many great things about this leash as well, so far so good!

5 comments:

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

Awe! :) Looks like a great time. Wish we had something like that around here that I could take Harlee on.
-wHiT

Kasey Lynne said...

I am so jealous of all these hikes that you get to go on! And you always have an awesome view while doing it. I don't feel bad for you at all ;D

Katie said...

Ahh!!! Jax is such a cutie!!!

Kait said...

Poor Jax :(

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Awe Jax! Glad you found a new hiking buddy! So sadly it looks like I'm skipping out on Hawaii this year :( I didn't have enough vacation days this time around..