Thursday, July 18, 2013

Matsumoto's


Matsumoto's Shave Ice is a North Shore hot spot. I am not a huge shave ice, snow cone gal. I love me some fro-yo. Every time we drive through the town of Haleiwa there is always a very long line. It's been on my Hawaii Bucket List to at least try this place. Since I am on a roll with crossing off things on my list, the Husband scooped me up and off to the North Shore we went!




I got the 'Hawaiian'. Really good, and the line actually wasn't that bad, but we went on a weekday. Would I go again? Probably not, unless we had visitors in town. Like I said, I prefer fro-yo.

Have you ever been? Do you like shave ice?

5 comments:

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

IT'S AMAZING! How can you not love shaved ice?! I have literally a decade worth of photos of me growing up and eating there..

Kait said...

We've been twice and I feel the same way you do--I don't need to go unless visitors are here. It's a nice treat every now and again but I'm a big fan of Froyo. You NEED to go to Cherry on Top in Pearl City. It's amazing!

Miss Chelsea said...

Perfect, you can take me here when I come

angie on maui said...

Ha! I'm not a huge shave-ice fan, either (seriously, if we're indulging, I'm going to do it right!), but I love being able to support those little businesses that thrive on tourism to stay afloat. So glad you were able to cross that off your HI bucket list. :) It's a cute spot...and that sign has probably been photographed 8,790,543,075 times. ;)

Kasey Lynne said...

That place is SOOO good. My husband and I got shaved ice every single day when we were there on our honeymoon.