Thursday, March 28, 2013

Healthy Cookies

Due to this crappy Hawaii weather, I have been eating like crap. Whatever. I had a major sweet tooth craving last night but knew I needed to quit fattening myself up with junk. Thus I went to my favorite food blog. Score! These cookies have only two healthy ingredients!! Of course, I added some chocolate to it because you know, chocolate is good for the endorphins. So it's still healthy.


Healthy Cookies
adapted from Skinnytaste

Makes 10-12 cookies


 I brought out my fanciest plates, just for this post.

 
Ingredients:
  • 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 cup of uncooked quick oats* 
optional- add chocolate chips, cinnamon, walnuts. I added chocolate chip shavings and 1 tsp of cinnamon.

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.  Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray.

2. Combine the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl 
(and cinnamon, if you choose to use some).


3. Fold in whatever you choose to add to the recipe and place a tablespoon of each on the cookie sheet.

4. Bake 15 minutes. Eat & enjoy!

*For my gluten free peeps, use gluten free oats such as Bob's Red Mill quick oats.


Sweet craving cured.



5 comments:

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

I've been wanting to make these but kinda worried about how they would taste! Happy to hear you like them!!

Alisha said...

I LOVE SkinnyTaste! My sister turned my on to her blog. I've found many recipes that B and I love.

Next on my list are these cookies. And yes, I'll be adding the chocolate chips too ;)

Hope you're doing well, pretty lady!
xo
Alisha and Brandon {the blog}

Kait said...

I need to make these ASAP! Ps, it's beautiful today and of course my kitchen is being put back together until 3pm ARGH

SeattleSarahSpeaks said...

Oh my goshh I love this recipe idea! I'm going to have to try it soon!

Holly said...

Ooo these look delicious!!!