Monday, September 10, 2012

Miscellany Monday


ALOHA! It's another Monday!


 *This week will mark ONE month since I have moved to Hawaii. Bittersweet feelings on that one. Luckily, I think I am handling this big life changer pretty decently. One day at a time...


*While my BIL/SIL were in town last weekend, we rescued a kitten that was I am guessing to be about 4-6 weeks old, which Hubby almost ran over. Took it home, soaked it in dial soap, killed probably a million fleas the poor thing was infested with, fed it, loved on it, played with it. We enjoyed it but I didn't want a cat and my sweet Jax doesn't get along too well with them. Yesterday, the kitten got a new home. It made my heart smile.



 *Hubby and I tried a new church today. Them Hawaiians know how to worship! Wow. I think we like it. I'm excited to get back into a church and hopefully can get connected with some awesome people! Time with God has been the last on my list lately. I need to change that!


*September 11 is Tuesday. Always such an eerie day as we all look back at where we were when we heard the news. May we take time to think and pray for the many families who lost loved ones in this horrific event.


*Hubby tried to kill me this week. JUST KIDDING. It was his night to make dinner. He excitedly said he had a great idea for dinner. Next thing I know he has MREs out! Ewwww! That stuff is just nasty!!! {FYI- MRE stands for Meals Ready to Eat for deployed soldiers} Oh, and don't worry. We ate a real dinner.



*College Football is rough over in Hawaii. The time difference sucks. Being the dedicated Ohio State fan that I am... Hubby and I were up at 5AM to head to a bar downtown to meet up with the Ohio State Alumni Club of Hawaii. IT WAS AWESOME! They dominated UCF, which it in Hubby and I's hometown and my brother goes to college there. My parents were actually at the game!! Lucky ducks. It was fun! Instead of beer I chose a more suitable approach for 6AM...mimosas!



*I shall leave y'all with this lovely photo of me and my SIL with some handsome Seamen at Pearl Harbor.




Wishing you all a wonderful week!

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

I'm glad you guys found a home for the kitten! That's great that you liked the church. It can be so hard searching for one that feels right for both of you. Dylan has a stash of MRE's and I want nothing more than to have them out of my house :)

Ashley said...

MREs... gross! Glad you had a real dinner.

Oh and I'm not so sure OSU really dominated UCF... they actually put up a decent fight for a while there. ;)

Hope you have a lovely week. How many more days until Jax arrives?!

Kasey Lynne said...

Ummm can I seriously have your gorgeous tan??? DANG!

Julie @ The Smitten Mintons said...

Bless your heart for saving that kitten! It makes my heart happy!!

Raven said...

I love love love going to church when we are in Hawaii! You are right, they do know how to worship!

and you got up at 5 am to go to a bar to watch football? That is dedication!!

BeckyJo606 said...

You are such a dedicated fan for getting up so early to watch OSU! My husband's been to two games so far this season--and I know he'll be attending more before the season is over. :) I'm also so glad you're finding a good church--that is so important! :)