Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Exploring

 
+


Hubby and I ventured out to explore a part of Hawaii we haven't been to. Drove along the farthest west coast of Oahu til the road ended at Kaena State Park in Waianae. 
{Side note- You can't drive around the entire coast of Oahu. It's private land.}

Fell in love with this area! In Waianae you won't see many Haole's (Hawaiian word for mainlanders, tourists, white people). Waianae you will find all the locals. The beaches are packed with large tents full of Hawaiian family and friends cooking out, chillin, enjoying socializing with each other. I love that! It's a different atmosphere here as compared to the tourist populated parts of Oahu. Anyway, Hubby and I plan to come back to have a beach day or two, and definitely for whale season.

*all photos taken with my iphone*











FYI- Tickets are CHEAP right now to fly out to Hawaii!!
cough cough mom, cough cough friends... just sayin'


xoxo

7 comments:

Lauren said...

You're tempting me with that plane ticket!!!!!!!!! :) Love you!!!!!!

ty said...

HOLY. POTATOES.

Rebekah said...

So beautiful!! Dylan and I would love to go hiking all over Hawaii. It looks amazing!

Christina said...

How beautiful! Looks like you're having a great time in Hawaii :)

Ashley said...

Beautiful! I'm glad you're getting a chance to adventure to new parts of Hawaii. I love that gorgeous, rugged coastline. (:

Kasey Lynne said...

I now want to buy tickets for December to watch the whales, visit all the beaches, and to watch Pipeline.

Janna Renee said...

I heard that tix were cheap!! Hubby and I were tossing around the idea of going down, but we just don't know if we will have enough notice for the Army. Who knows!