Wednesday, May 8, 2013

the cure


Clearly, I have failed at this whole 'Blog Every Day in May' fad. Oops. At least I can't say I didn't try... right?! I forgot how busy May was going to be and honestly, spending time with my husband and schoolwork are a bit of a priority this month and next.

The Army takes my husband away from me too much, but that is what I signed up for when I said 'I do'. As much as I hate it, I've gotten used to it and have learned to cope. Having the bed to myself isn't so bad after all. {hehe, I am still not used to having to share a bed with another human being.} I feel like I am somewhat of a pro to the cure to a lonely heart. Isak Dinesen said it best and when I am alone, one or all take place.






What is your cure?

5 comments:

Life's Tails said...

Since there is no water near me :( I think taking the dog on a hike at one of the parks is my cure.

Jessica said...

It's so true, you get used to this life, but it always hurts just the same when they're away. We have the same cure (other than the beach, since I am too far from my beloved FL): our pups -- always keeping you busy and loving you so unconditionally. it's the best!

Kasey Lynne said...

Froyo on the beach sounds like heaven!

Janna Renee said...

I refused to blog every day in May! I liked some of the prompts, but ain't nobody got time fo that! I'm happy to be spending time with my soldier instead!

KelleeLyn said...

My cure depends on the hurt. When hubby is away (half of our marriage- literally) it's often running and spending time communicating with God through running. Or puppy cuddles, those are the best. When we lived in FL my cure for stress was a good beach sesh... gosh I miss it!