Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Crazy Thing

After our hike last Friday, we went to get brunch at the famous Cinnamon's in Kailua. (Truth be told, the Hubs and I had no clue how awesome it was til we went on Yelp to find a place to eat. Thanks Yelp!) Nothing like stuffing your face after a hike, right?! Oh man, it was so good! It was a cheat meal for us both, for sure. The Hubs got the famous Red Velvet Pancakes and I am a sucker for French Toast on sweet bread. Both were phenomenal! And Cinnamon's Hawaiian Coffee... awesome. It wasn't your typical $2 coffee from IHOP y'all. 





While we were waiting to be seated though, we wondered upstairs to a lil chocolate factory. Met the owner, totally a surfer dude, and he told us all about his adventures in learning to make chocolate. Hawaiian chocolate specifically. We got to try fresh cocoa beans straight from the oven. Then we got to have a sample of each bar he makes! Very different but so amazing. I haven't had a lick of chocolate in well, way too long. 



So let's talk about this crazy thing...



I signed up for my second half marathon.



And I just started running again, after a long hiatus, last week.



Damn you, sugar high.


My first half marathon, this was pretty much the same scenario, minus the sugar high...I was just down right crazy. I also swore I wouldn't run another one. Ever. But you see... I need a goal, a motivator to make myself run. It's such a battle! A love-hate relationship. I also have it on my Hawaii Bucketlist to run a race here. So ya. Come September, my crazy ass will be running 13.1 miles. THIRTEEN POINT ONE. Maybe I should have read my first half marathon blog post before signing up. Agh! At least, I will be better prepared this time... hopefully!


If you follow me on IG I apologize in advance. You will probably be seeing a lot more running pictures. I have to keep myself accountable and motivated throughout this process! Thanks for not unfollowing me. xo


Are you a runner? Have you ever run a half marathon before?

6 comments:

Kait said...

I am not a runner and will probably never be one--but I still do it. I pant like a dog on a hot day and it's not pretty or even remotely photo worthy. But the point is that you're doing it! You go girl!

Sarah said...

I love half marathons - IF the weather is cool. Otherwise - yuck. Is the route super hilly? I can only imagine, yes, from your pictures....

Kasey Lynne said...

It's 8:45pm and I really want that french toast! hahaha

Sandy a la Mode said...

i am still soo jealous you are in hawaii!! i want to go back!!!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

Ashley said...

Okay... that red velvet pancake looks heavenly! A cheat meal after a good hike is perfectly fair. :)

I wish I had the courage to sign myself up for a half marathon. Right now a 5k would be pushing it though! Haha. I haven't run since we moved to Florida almost 2 years ago. That's terrible seeing how I ran all the time in Colorado. Gosh.

Maybe your IG pictures will motivate me to run.... maybe. ;)

KelleeLyn said...

I'm a runner! :) I've ran 3 half marathons and will run my first full in less than 4 days, eek! Just find a training plan (I suggest Hal Higdon) and follow it, that way you don't have to think about it and just do it :)