Wednesday, May 1, 2013

SOML

{me and my sister}


Linking up with one of my favorites for the Blog Every Day in May Challenge! 


Story of My Life in 250 Words or Less


I'm Michelle. I was born in July of 1985 in Oceanside, California. My parents divorced when I was about 2 years old. My biological father has never been a part of my life, and honestly, I am okay with that. My mother re-married to the man I have always called my father, he adopted my sister and I. A big blessing for our family. I also have two 'little' brothers. Above all else, I love Jesus. Most of my childhood was spent in Florida so I consider myself a Floridian. I was the rebel-trouble child of our family. I practically partied my life away after graduating high school and made a lot of bad decisions. I went through more hard times then I think most people endure, it's also made me who I am today. I never truly had a best friend growing up, just always a bunch of friends. I have horrible communication skills due to my childhood. It's affected everything and I never realized this til I got married. I am quiet and laid back. But I do stress myself out too easily. I have this strong connection with the beach, Cali girl at heart. I am a Kappa Delta lady, AOT. I had a cupcake business for about 6 months and I hope to pursue that again. It's still and always will be my dream job. I married the love of my life June 2, 2012. We currently live in Hawaii with our two fur-children, Jax and Jedi. I am happy and blessed.


12 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm loving this link-up! I can already tell that it's going to occupy a good chunk of time reading everyone's life stories. You really are a Cali beach girl at heart! I hope you do pursue your cupcake baking again... even though I never tried one I could tell you loved it. :)

Isn't it crazy how sometimes it takes marrying someone to realize that you have some stuff to deal with... I think that's sometimes how my husband and I are. We're always learning about how both of our parents divorces have affected us today. Life is cray-zay.

Venessa said...

Love finding your blog again!!!! Great post!

Cara said...

Great story!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I am from San Diego so reading the part about Oceanside made my day :) loved this post!!

Myra said...

Hi cutie! I want to come to Hawaii and be your best friend. Duh!

Loved your post and looking forward to reading more through the month! <3

Pilgrim said...

Maybe you can be a granita girl instead of a cupcake girl, while you're in Hawaii. Two cups of grapefruit juice, two tablespoons sugar, quarte cup white wine, in shallow pan in freezer. Scrape every half hour with fork for a couple hours, so gets grainy like snow. Enjoy the next day. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about your life! I'm sitting here with a hot cup of coffee enjoying your blog!

Whim Wham Life said...

The story of you is just great! and getting better and better:-) Yes please to a return of the cupcake business! I'll be an official taste tester! xoxo

Sarah said...

Love this. I'm looking forward to reading your posts...and might even try the challenge myself. I've not blogged much at all this year.

angie on maui said...

Love your post, Michelle - I love learning new facts about my blog friends.

Just so you know, I have pretty poor communication skills, too! It is something I have to be really conscious about, because it makes me a terrible "fighter" (argument-wise)...I am all over the map.

Move to Maui and open a cupcake business out here. I'll be your first customer!

And BTW, our anniversary is June 1st! :)

Lauren said...

Love it!!!!! And seriously, I know why we're friends...... We BOTH have that beach connection! Love you!!!! XOXOXO

Kasey Lynne said...

So, not to be selfish or anything, but I wish your next "home" was So Cal. I don't live too far from Oceanside...and I would LOVE to be IRL friends!!

Loved reading this honest and open SOML post girl. You're wonderful!