Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hawaii Favorites

{courtesy of google}

Hubby and I went out on Friday night for our Valentines Dinner and we actually got dressed up! We made the trek downtown. I LOVE playing tourist. I did it St. Augustine all the time and thoroughly take advantage of it here while I can. Waikiki is fun. Full of interesting people and lots of places to see...minus all the ritzy-overpriced-highend stores. 

 {the silver man of waikiki}


I enjoyed our night so much I thought that I'd share on here my two very favorite places one must go to when visiting Waikiki/Honolulu, Hawaii.


 This restaurant is Hawaii. It's named after the legendary Duke Paoa Kahanamoku. Duke is known as the Father of International Surfing and was Hawaii's Official Ambassador of Aloha in 1960. You feel his presence and the spirit of Aloha all throughout this restaurant, as well as Waikiki. Whether you get a quick drink and bite to eat at the Barefoot Bar or actually dine in the restaurant... you will not leave unsatisfied!



I strongly suggest the MaiTai's, Mahi fish tacos, and this:

{Opa - Duke's Style}



ONTO THE AFTER PARTY!......




The Edge is a pool side bar at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel. It is the perfect spot to watch the sunset and have a few drinks. You can also enjoy nightly entertainment. Hawaiian music, a hula dancer, and a fire dancer. My favorites. I've been here about 4 times. Love love love.

Here are pictures of my very first time to Hawaii and The Edge!





 Aloha xoxo

5 comments:

Kait said...

I love both of these places!

Melissa said...

Looks so beautiful! I am dying to visit Hawaii sometime in my life! Hopefully, sooner rather than later!

Rebekah said...

Such a fun time! It would be so fun to visit there!

Caroline said...

Oh we loved Dukes!!!

Kasey Lynne said...

Duke's is SOOO good!
That bar looks so fun!!