Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Maui Sunrise

Haleakala (meaning House of the Sun) National Park is known as a place to see one of the best sunrises. Seeing as it being our mini honeymoon, we thought it be awesome to see.


-Woke up at 3 AM
-Drove almost 10,000 feet in elevation
-Ridiculously scary roads, pitch black, Hubby thinking he is Ken Block
-I might have feared for my life a few million times (re above)
 -Sans coffee, because nothing is open at 3AM
-Windy 30 degree morning
-Better be a damn good sunrise


WAS IT WORTH IT???













YES.


Special thanks to Hubby for snapping the gorgeous pictures while I was huddled inside trying to stay warm and impatiently waiting for the sun to make her appearance.


Oh and stopping by the Kula Lodge for warm coffee and breakfast is a must if you ever find yourself in Maui!!!



ALOHA!

xoxo.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Um, yeah. I'd say it was worth it! That looks like a spectacular sight... I just might have to add that to a bucket list of things to see some day. (:

Mish Lovin' Life said...

Those pictures are amazing!

Caroline said...

Isn't it gorgeous! Yay!

Chrissi said...

love that shot with the sun just over your shoulder! STUNNING!!! XO

angie on maui said...

The cold temps are pure and utter torture, but those Haleakala sunrises are beautiful, aren't they? So glad you guys were able to experience that for yourselves!

Hubs and I now do sunsets at Haleakala instead...it's less crowded and much warmer, too!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

My goodness! These photos are crazy amazing!!! And you two are adorable. :) YAY!

p.s. I'm giving away a $50 gift card to Shabby Apple if you are interested!!

Megan said...

Absolutely stunning pictures! I bet it was SO worth it!!

BeckyJo606 said...

These pictures are amazing!! I think the early morning would be SO hard to handle, but I'm sure it was worth it! :)

Kasey Lynne said...

One of the BEST things to do in Maui!