Monday, August 29, 2011

cupcake love


My weekend was nothing out of the norm. Baked up some cupcake orders...


Chocolate Peanut Butter

Mini cupcakes for a gender reveal party


This whole running a cupcake business is hard and overwhelming sometimes {most times in fact}.

Dealing with clients, building clientele, getting my name out there, working around my full time job, only having a certain amount of income and resources, etc. 

Some days I wonder what the heck am I doing?! 

I dream of something bigger. 

I firmly believe in my product. 

I love hearing the comments of how great my cupcakes are.

But then I always question.. are they really? 
Are they enough to really take it as far as I would like to see them go?
Would people love them like they love the competition shops?

And then I got this email last night that makes this all worth it:

 
" I don't think we have met yet, but had to tell you that we just tried your peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes that were provided for our "Dinner at the Creek" meeting this morning.  I have never had a better cupcake anywhere, EVER!  We truly enjoyed them.  Savored each bite, actually.  Thank you so much for them.  Oh, and I tried the mini carrot cake ones that were in the book store last weekend.  Fantastic! 
 
There was a specialty cupcake shop in Mississippi, where we used to live, but there is NO comparison.  Yours are the best.  The texture and flavor are great.  Not too sweet (which many others are) and the ratio of frosting to cake is just right.  I'm not a big frosting fan to begin with, and many other places pile it on SO thick.  Yours is just right.  Anyway, just wanted to thank you again and encourage you to keep on baking! "

It was just what I needed to keep me moving forward. 
Thank you to all who have encouraged and supported me along the way.

xoxo.

26 comments:

Amy H. said...

Since I have taste a few of your cupcakes I can concur with that lovely email. Keep you head above the flour and keep going it will be worth it in the end, PROMISE.

XOXO

PS we need to talk about Nolans party :)

Unknown said...

thats so wonderful girl :) seriously i bet they are amazing cupcakes- just wish i could be a free taste tester ;) xoox

Sandy a la Mode said...

gender reveal cupcakes!? that's such a cute idea!!!

Elizabeth @ Love Is the Adventure said...

What GREAT encouragement! I'm so glad that someone took the time to send you that note. There's nothing like a sincere compliment on your work to make you feel like you can do ANYTHING!

Those cupcakes look delicious and I think I need some.

love, elizabeth

Brooke said...

Yay! What a wonderful bit of feedback :) I am sooooo proud of you!

Caroline said...

Your cupcakes look amazing. And I know they are just as delicious as they look.

Unknown said...

That is awesome! I sometimes have moments where I think I need to stop trying to make my business succeed... and something like that ALWAYS brightens my day! Just remember, if it wasn't worth it, you wouldn't be this far already!
XoXo

Mateya said...

What a great comment from a client! Definitely makes you feel good about what you are doing!

Right when I saw the first picture I was like oh my gosh those chocolate p.b. ones look soooo good! I would be happy to taste test any time :) Shipping to SD might be a little difficult though haha!

Amanda said...

how encouraging! i'm sure that is tough trying to get your business off the ground....but just keep plugging along! all your hardwork will pay off! hoping i get to try your adorable cupcakes someday! haha!

Ana said...

That's so nice that someone said that to you! Sometimes we just need to hear it from others! Your cupcakes look divine, I'm sure they taste even better!

Have a great week :)

BlackPearl said...

That is so great! I would love to taste your cupcakes. Especially when it something you love it always comes out in your treats!

Unknown said...

comments like that make it well worth it.
That review made me want to come to you and immediately place an order lol. sounds so delicious!
Keep your head up girl - getting it all off the ground is definitely tough.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet letter to receive!!! Much deserved :)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness gracious....can I please have some right now?? DO YOU SHIP TO CALIFORNIA?????

Rebekah said...

Your cupcakes are just beautiful and I can ONLY imagine how delicious they are. I'm so glad that those words were what you needed to hear!

Emily said...

they look amazing!!!!

Ashley said...

Your cupcakes look so delish! I bet they taste just as amazing as these pictures show. I'm dying to try one! Yumm-o.

henning love said...

your cupcakes look amazing!! and i'm not making that up. i truly believe it and i think as the person behind the product you of course have to stand fully committed

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

So glad you were given such an inspiring and encouraging letter! Sometime that makes all the difference. :)

Ashley said...

Awwww how sweet of that person to go out of their way to let you know how much they love your cupcakes! I wish people did that more often.... it would make such a difference in people's lives if we all went out of our way to compliment someone once in a while. How sweet! (: Don't ever give up on your dreams girl!

Sarah said...

But of course! I had a friend of mine submit a video last week to the FN Cupcake Wars people.....have you looked into that?

Val said...

Can you send some to SoCal?? Fed-Ex?? PLEASE!

BARBIE said...

Oh how I wish I lived near you so I could come taste a chocolate peanut butter cupcake! Looks so good. And what an encouraging email! That's exciting!

Sophie with her Illustrations said...

I have the biggest thing for cupcakes since I could remember...well bakery for that matters and seeing the expositions of your cupcakes just make me want to have a bite. I believe that it is truly a wonderful gift. No talent is ever a wasting choice from God.

Caley-Jade Rosenberg said...

YAY! So glad I found your blog!
These cupcakes look delicious x

Chrissi said...

amazeballs. i. want. cupcakes :)