Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chicken & Rice Stuffed Peppers


So, I started meal planning this past week. The time it takes to sit down and plan it out, really pays off when it comes time to going to the grocery store and after work when you don't know what to cook. Less stress. Going to the grocery store was a breeze! Minus the sold out chicken breasts... that's another story. 

If you've followed me on here or instagram, you know I LOVE Skinnytaste! Pretty much all the recipes on my meal plan for the next 2 weeks are all from Skinnytaste. 

I've been learning to cook and to cook with what I have, which isn't much. I pretty much adapt whatever I have to the recipe I am using. Luckily, everything has always turned out fabulous.

Thus, I give you this delicious recipe! 



Chicken/Rice Stuffed Peppers (for 2)
adapted from Skinnytaste

  • 2 large chicken Breasts, cooked & shredded. (Mine were marinated in Dale's, yum!)
  • 1 garlic, minced
  • 1/4 onion, minced or onion powder
  • salt to taste
  • 2 large green bell peppers, washed
  • 1 cup fat free chicken broth
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked rice or 1 Success boil-in-bag, cooked
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese to sprinkle on top

Directions:
Heat oven to 400°. Spray a little olive oil spray in a medium size saute pan and heat on a medium flame. Add onion and garlic to the pan. Saute about 2 minutes and chicken. Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Combine cooked rice and chicken together.

Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Place in a baking dish. Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper half and fill it with as much as you can. Place all stuffed pepper halves in the baking dish and pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan. Cover tight with aluminum foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Top with cheese and enjoy!!


8 comments:

Kait said...

Omg I am LOVING this! So delicious looking! I also got your card yesterday :) You're too freaking cute. We're going to Maui in February and if there's time I'll pop back over to Oahu just for youuuuuu!

Brooke said...

Those look delicious!

Adrienne said...

These always look so good, but I just hate bell peppers! Boo!

Pilgrim said...

Yes, those look good. :-)

Pilgrim said...

Yes, those look good. :-)

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, those stuffed peppers look mouthwatering! I've been trying to meal plan every week lately too. It really does make things less stressful. I've got everything for this week, and it's so nice only having to visit the grocery story once or twice a week.

And sold out chicken breasts... what?!

kylie said...

this is what i'm having for dinner! a staple in our home. mmm mmm

Katie said...

Looks so good!
I love finding other Hawaiian Bloggers :)
New Follower!