Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hawaii- Part 3




My last two days in Hawaii were quite eventful. 


We decided to hike Koko Head bright and early. It was also a great workout but so much fun to have him by my side. I love love love how physically active and adventurous he is. Koko Head was no joke though. 642 ft high. Steep steps. Legs burning. Next time I def want to do Diamond Head. 












Afterwards we set out to treat ourselves with a beer at Kono Brewing Company. Where I fell in love with yet another Hawaiian brewed beer. 





As soon as we made it back from our hike it was time to get ready for the ball. Eeek! I could not wait to get my dress on and see my handsome Soldier Boy in his blues. Boy did not disappoint. We pre-gamed and I got to meet his buddies. One in particular who I had become friends with while he they were on deployment and who gave me the name of Cupcake Princess. It was fun to see Soldier Boy interact with his guys.


{go big or go home}






Note to self: never hike or do something extremely active before planning to booze it up that night. We both got drunk very quickly. I ended up spilling wine on my dress (white wine, thank goodness) and a certain someone, cough cough, passed out early. It was a bummer to only be in my dress and with him for an hour or so, but he redeemed himself and hopefully this won't be the last ball we attend together. I felt beautiful though. Soldier Boy did a great job at picking out my dress and I got so many compliments on it. 

The next morning was a bit on the rough side. But, it was a beautiful day out and my last day so it was one to not be wasted. We eventually made it out to Pearl Harbor. It's pretty crazy to think about all that happened there. I mean I just can't imagine. 


So yeah, I cried. I really tried not to because I hate crying. But, I didn't want to leave. How do you leave your heart behind? Your other half? The trip went far better than I could have ever imagined. I fell harder in love with this man. The moment he kissed me good bye at the airport I was already missing him. The long travel home, 15 hours, was really really hard. The further I got from Hawaii the more my heart ached.

I did get a lovely welcome home from my baby boy, Jax. 
Puppy kisses will just have to do for now.
Which, I just realized, Jax is now 2 years old! Time flies.


Soldier Boy, if you're reading this.... I really miss your farts....
Oh yes... I just went there.


The good news? We get to see each other again in 10 days, for about a month. He'll be in our ol' stomping grounds this time. It will be the best month ever, I just know it. Can't wait!!


Home is where the heart is.



And this, my dear friends, is the beginning of our beautiful love story.......... 



25 comments:

Anna @ IHOD said...

You deserve all this happiness and I am so glad it was a wonderful trip for you. Long distance is tough but its worth the growth in communication it brings.
Hot dress!
:) Anna

SarahBeth said...

I love your photos. And you look STUNNING in your dress.

<3

Alyssa said...

Oh my gosh, you have the best story. And that dress is fabulous. You look stunning!!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said...

Omg that dress!! You look amazing...beyond amazing :)

BeckyJo606 said...

I love your red dress--it's so so beautiful on you! Did he pick it out for you?! That's so fun! I am so glad that you get to be together again so soon--and for such a long time! Thanks again for sharing your love story with us :)

Michelle said...

Your dress is so pretty!

Holly said...

Diamond Head was great, not that steep at all!!! Still looks like you had a blast though :) Love the pics of you guys from the Army Ball!! I loved going to Pearl Harbor, and I loved going through the actual base and seeing bullet holes in buildings from the attack still--so nuts and so sad! Ahh 10 days?! That's sooo soon, yay!!

Heather said...

He picked out that dress?! Kudos to him! You look gorgeous!

Beth @ The Goad Abode said...

You two are so darn cute together! I'm loving it :) and so happy for you!!!

According to Jax said...

I'm IN LOVE with that dress!!! You two are so precious! :)

Jane said...

Your dress is so pretty! He did a great job getting that for you.

Unknown said...

This love story is amazing. And real! These are the kinds of stories we should be sharing. Thank you so much for sharing! May God bless you and your relationship!

Mere said...

OH I just love it! You two are adorable together and I am so so so happy for you!!!! Ah. I was so anxious to read your post so I read it at work this morning but I couldn't comment :p Can't wait to see what the next few months hold for you two lovebirds! ;)

Unknown said...

That dress is fantastic! And he picked it out?? Love this story! So glad you get to see each other again so soon!

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures! You look great! Love the dress too :)

Janna said...

Such a sweet story and great pics! And your dress is amazing!!!

Ashley said...

Okay my heart is seriously melting right now. I'm so super happy for you! I actually cried on the way home from work today while listening to Rascal Flatt's "Bless the Broken Road". I've been feeling extra emotional this past week for some reason, and your love story with Soldier Boy is so sweet!! So glad you had a wonderful time in Hawaii. I want to hear more! I might be in Orlando in a couple of weeks. I want to hear this story in person!! (:

Brooke said...

This makes me so happy! I just love hearing your story and how truly happy YOU are! It's just wonderful!

bridget anne said...

absolutely beautiful. really making me wanna skip outta denver right about now...xo.

Kasey Lynne said...

Aw, I am SOO incredibly happy for you girl!! These posts were so great!! Can't wait to hear how your love story progresses!

Brooke D said...

Oh my goodness.... I've been reading this on my phone the past two days so I couldn't comment... Now that I can finally comment... AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! This really makes me SOOOO happy for you!!! You so deserve a great man and it sounds like SB is a great just that!!!! Love that you have a HUGE smile on your face in all of the pictures- love does that to you!!! :)

Haley said...

Girl. I am SO happy for you.
I've never been in a long distance relationship, but I can only imagine what it's like. I know there are days when I'm with Blake that I'm just like, "don't touch me!" and I feel like I need time apart every now and then. But I could never ever do long distance. Very proud of you for being able to do it!!
ps. You looked GORGEOUS in your dress.Holy hotness!!
Move to Hawaii ;)
xo Hay

Girl in Carolina said...

Beautiful! And the couple that farts together, stays together...just sayin'. ;)

xo!

Lori said...

i've lived in hawaii for 27 years (give or take a year or two for college) and have never hiked koko head! must cross off list...

Al said...

EEEKS!!! LOVE!!!! You are drop dead gorgeous babe. Best dress I've seen in years, red carpets and all.

Simply beautiful, love.
xoxo :)