Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hawaii- Part 2





So... after about 10 hours of flying, I land in Hawaii. I have to walk a million miles away to baggage claim, which ended up being good for me to get my wits together. I walk down some steps and that's when I see people gathered around. Cue a minor freak out.


The moment I had waited months upon months for was finally here!!


I spot Soldier Boy. He spots me. I'm pretty sure I had a huge grin at that moment. He leis me. Then grabs me and gives me big kiss. (I had multiple dreams/daydreams of how that moment would be. So much better in real life.) I'm pretty sure I told him, while we were waiting for my bags which I so desperately hoped had made it there, 'omg, your real'. Haha. The cutest moment was when we were in his truck leaving the airport and out of nowhere he says... "Oh ya!" I'm thinking, he forgot to tell me something about what we are doing or he had exciting news. Then he says "I LOVE YOU". Our first time being able to say it in person to each other.

Cue melted heart.



I honestly felt nothing but comfort, sure a little bit of nerves were there, but we just felt so natural together.

I could not get enough of kissing him, holding his hand, touching him. (Which I thought I had never been a touchy-feely type but that has most definitely changed. I think touch is my new love language)

Don't take those little moments, that y'all get to experience daily, taken for granted. For us long distance lovers, those are treasured moments. Every single one. I'd give anything to be able to kiss him again.

I surprisingly stayed awake til a decent Hawaiian time, thanks to lots of caffeine and a love-high. I was enjoying the moment, soaking it up. Taking in the beauty of Hawaii (Oahu) and this handsome man in front of me. I will never forget that first day. Ever.


{our first picture together}

{first beer together}


We spent the entire week talking, laughing, and goofing around. We became Facebook Official, yeahhhh. Learned/ing how we work (in person). Each others lil quirks, which I grew to absolutely love. We even got into a lil rough patch, but it was good for us to experience that and how we deal with the conflict between each other. And of course lots of ice cold beer together and great food. We even ended up having our own lil 'things'.... like our virtual high fives, are now air high fives. Totally silly but it's special to us. Makes me giggle to even think about.

We did some site seeing off and on throughout the week. The scenic drive up to North Shore was beautiful, despite the nasty weather. Played around at the Ala Moana mall. Unfortunately, he had to be on base a few days so I had some mornings and one really long day by myself. So, I did a lil bit of my own site seeing in Waikiki, soaking up the Hawaiian sun and the beauty of the water.


{Waikiki Beach/Diamond Head}

{He is so handsome}






{fire dancer}



{Prince Charming}

{Bellows- Look at that water!}

{Bellows}

 {Lava Rocks}


{Yummy drinks at Ola in North Shore}




{Fort Derussy Park}

{Waikiki}

{200 beers on tap. I loved this place}

{Me and my yard}

 {Boyfriend and Beer...heaven}


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I'll be posting Part 3 tomorrow!
More scenic pictures and of us at the Ball!

xoxo.

16 comments:

Mateya said...

This is so sweet! :) I loved being able to just touch Robbie's face when he got back from Iraq. I would always say, "you are REALLY here!" because sometimes it honestly just felt surreal to have back home!

I am sooo sooooo happy for you, friend! You deserve this :)

Rebekah said...

Reading this just gave me goose bumps! You seem so so happy and that's wonderful. Touch is TOTALLY my love language :)

BJJ said...

There's something special about long distance lovers. It takes a strong gal & it can be remarkable :)

Enjoying these posts :) Can't wait to hear about it in real life.

Lauren K said...

Hey girlie! I'm so happy for you! It seems like you had a wonderful time and I'm so excited about your relationship!

Funny thing: we just went to a wedding in VA and we ate a Yard House too! The food was amazing!

Hope all is well!

SarahBeth said...

Reading this made my morning brighter! :D

And touch is definitely my love language too - there's something about the way that my bf touches me that makes time stand still and nothing else matters. It sounds like its that way for you too. <3

Hawaii is GORGEOUS, dammit I want to go.

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet! You two are so strong for being able to do the long distance thing. I mean I guess you don't really have any other choice, but still. And I couldn't think of a better place to 'meet' your lover than Hawaii!

xo,
jessie

Holly said...

Loved going to Diamond Head...and did you go to Haunauma Bay and snorkel?! So much fun!! Such a beautiful story :)

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love!!!
Hawaii is gorgeous too! Thanks for the link to the Christian Book Store too, I am going to check it out :)
XO

Mish Lovin' Life said...

Awww So glad you got to spend an entire week! That's absolutely crazy that it was the FIRST time seeing each other in 10 years! But that's so awesome :)
When do you get to see him next??

Christina said...

Yay! I'm so happy to read all of this! It sounds like you had a wonderful time! Congrats on being 'official' :)

Adrienne said...

Aww! Hooray! So fun :)
I love love love it! Promise I won't take anything for granted :)

We LOVE Yard House!

Erica said...

Got your e-mail on my lunch break today and was so sad I didn't have time to read Part II right then! Haha lameo over here is living through your love story- it's precious! Love how you seem to be smiling through the computer over all of your "firsts"! :D

bridget anne said...

that's so wonderful. hawaii is such a wonderful place to go when you need a REAL vacation. a true getaway. my husband & i went for the first time this summer & it was kind of everything we needed. although we only had to fly six hours, luckily! that was hard enough for me! adore your cute blog. xo.

Amanda said...

girl i am so so happy for you! what a sweet time! i loved reading about it! it gave me warm fuzzies!

BeckyJo606 said...

I loved reading this post! Thanks for sharing it with us! When do you get to see each other again? Your pictures are absolutely stunning--Hawaii is such a beautiful place!! :)

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

So I'm finally reading all your posts about Soldier boy.. I feel like I'm actually having the same thing happen with me right now.. Pretty darn similar... I'll share eventually. But the seeing each other the airport is the most exhilarating part of it all...