Monday, April 30, 2012

Love Story/Hawaii- Part 1



To fully understand the beauty of my trip to Hawaii, I must share with you our love story, from my point of view. Soldier Boy might make a guest appearance to tell his side.

Soldier Boy and I have kept our relationship pretty low key for the past seven-eight months. Only a select few have known the depth and intensity of our relationship. Now that we are 'official', I happily get to share it with you.



Soldier Boy + Cupcake Princess





How did it begin? Any of you remember his guest post on my blog back in October? It was so cute. It doesn't begin there though. It all started back in August. 

Facebook so kindly suggested that I add Soldier Boy as a friend. He had this sexy picture (I have a thing for a man in uniform) soooooo I did what any single girl would do and decided to stalk him. Then, I messaged him. To this day I have no idea what provoked me. We were mere acquaintances in middle school and high school. I hadn't talked to him in over a decade. But I did it.


"David! I didn't realize you were in the Army AND living in Hawaii?! How awesome! I have a gf in 

Hawaii who is in the Army too. Hope all is well! Seems like life has treated you well :)" 


'Seems like life has treated you well' -aka- you're hot. Luckily he responded and thus began our daily conversations. He was in Afghanistan at this time on a deployment that wasn't very active so, thankfully for us, he had time on his hands as did I. We talked about anything and everything under the sun. Really deep conversations and some ridiculously silly ones. He made the mistake of saying he loved answering questions. I was so interested in his life and him. I longed to know more. It soon became the highlight of every day. I told myself it would just be a fun friendship. He is a great guy. No harm to be done.


We have exchanged over two thousand Facebook messages to each other.


It's hard to say when it really hit us that there was something there. Browsing through our convos it was probably around October-November. It became obvious we were attracted to each other. It became obvious to me when I really missed him when he was gone for a day or two and couldn't talk. But I'm pretty sure I won him over with my care package delivery of cupcakes. Yeahhhh. We all know the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach. We sent each other pictures, videos, emails and skyped. He melted my heart when he would call me at work. Along with the "I miss you's" which is just ironic in itself but we just wished we could be with each other. It just came natural to say that.

'I've Got A Feeling' became our song. He sent me beautiful Christmas roses. There were a lot of hard days. I questioned a lot, as did he, what we were getting into. He made very sure of what life would be like with dating someone in the Army. I'm very thankful for him doing that. (and very thankful for my fellow military-wife blogger friends) As much as it scared me, I knew that I could not let this man go.

At some point we started talking about Hawaii and the possibility of me coming out there to visit. It became official when he called to ask me to be his date. It was adorable. And thus my heart melted.

He stole my heart.

We fell in love.

We admitted it to each other mid-January.
Three months before we would get to see each other face to face.

It's pretty crazy that I would fly all the way to Hawaii to spend a week with him, right? It was hard to talk about with family and friends because they didn't know the intensity of our relationship. Some people thought it was weird. Some people warned me. I prayed about it, a lot actually and about us. I didn't want to go through all of these emotions, all this time, and it be awful or I end up heart broken for the millionth time. I felt God telling me it was what I should do. I knew I would forever regret it. And so my little butt got on that plane on April 21, bound for Hawaii.

Quite possibly the best decision I have ever made.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Stay tuned for tomorrow's post of my arrival, the nerves, becoming official and our first kiss!


Click here to catch up on all the posts about Soldier Boy.

{I pinky promise I will not drag this out}

25 comments:

Sandy a la Mode said...

omg i love this story and i am soo happy for you! can't wait to hear about hawaii details! you guys are adorable!!

Jamie said...

EEEEEEKKK! LOVE! xo :)

amanda said...

Oh my gosh I love that you shared this! I was in a similar situation many years ago where I fell in love with someone long distance and left the U.S. for the first time to go meet him where he lived in Canada. We had been talking, skyping and emailing for a year and a half! Back then meeting people online wasn't as normal as it is now so I felt really embarrassed and weird about it at the time. Even though it didn't work out, Im so glad I took the risk. I learned so much about myself and will always have a soft spot in my heart for him. Bottom line... love is always a risk whether it is down the street or thousands of miles away. When you meet someone worth the risk then why wouldn't you just go for it? : ) Im so happy you did and I wish nothing but the very best for both of you! Thanks for sharing this cute story... to be continued. ; )

SarahBeth said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU OMG.

I cannot WAIT for part 2! :)

<3

Holly said...

This is already making me smile soooo much!!!! :-D

Lauren said...

This is a cliff hanger in ALL it's agonizing glory!!! SO.NOT.FAR!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this, friend!!!!!!!! Ekkkkkkkkkkkk

Kenj said...

Awe, I love love love this already!! I can't wait to hear more. I love crazy love stories like this..and to actually know of someone..rather than it happening in a movie..makes it all the better!

Tami said...

Awww- I got chills just reading this! It's obvious that God had a plan for you and soldier boy to reunite! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

Mish Lovin' Life said...

Yay!! Can't wait for tomorrow's post!! :)

Jessica said...

welcome to military life ;) it's a roller coaster, but it is 110% worth it! beautiful story Michelle, so happy for you :) xoxoxo

Mateya said...

Love this! I'm so glad you had such a great time!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Michelle said...

Um, girl, I am DYING! SO CUTE! I can't wait to read more!! Ahhh!

Natalie said...

Yay! I love a good love story!! :) Can't wait for part 2 :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it. This is so sweet and I am so happy for you two! :)

Emily said...

AHHHH this is amazing! Just as Im sitting here being single and not too happy about it at the moment your story really shows that everything can change in a second! Love how bold you were in messaging him too! :)

Rebekah said...

I agree, this story is amazing! I can't wait to read the rest!

Heather said...

How sweet! I love this story.

Kyla Makay said...

I love a good love story.
There aren't many of us left in the world. ;)
Ky
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

Adrienne said...

Oh my gosh Michelle (I've just decided we're on a first name basis here), I am SO incredibly happy for you! This beautiful and a great example of how God works out ALL things. Praying for you sister!

Cannot WAIT to hear the next part :)

Erica said...

Ah come on! You can't leave us hanging! ;) LOVE your love story and that big old smile you have on your face.

tara said...

ahhhh i just love love stories! y'all are absolutely adorable together!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this story! My hubby and I met over myspace. To this day, he can't really explain why he randomly messaged me. Its the one reason I don't want to delete my myspace account, all of our first messages are there!

BARBIE said...

How exciting! Can't wait for more. Please do hurry!

Kasey Lynne said...

GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! This is the cutest thing ever!!

BeckyJo606 said...

I love this story! Thanks for sharing it with us! I can't wait to read the rest! :)