Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oh, Hello February!

Happy February friends!

For all who commented regarding my breakfast post, THANK YOU!

I ate breakfast today and LOVED it. Yes, 'tis true! I am putting so much interest on breakfast because I am triathlon training and need to get into this healthy wholesome routine. Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day!

I apologize if this post bores you or is of no interest to you.

After work last night, I went to the grocery store to get some things to bake cranberry breakfast muffins (Publix brand of Grape Nuts and cranberries), fresh strawberries, bagels, Publix brand vanilla yogurt. I may or may not have snuck in a pint of Ben&Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie.


I quickly learned that preparation is key. I value my sleep. In order to save my sleep I need to prepare breakfast the night before. So I cut up the entire package of strawberries and put them into two bags. One to put in my yogurt in the mornings (finely chopped), and another for snacks (cut into halves). Then I stuck those bad boys in the freezer.


Then, I baked these delicious and super easy cranberry breakfast muffins! Set one aside for breakfast in the morning, and threw the rest into a bag and stuck in the freezer (I found this was a popular breakfast go-to by y'all). I decided to use the Publix brand of Grape Nuts as a topping for my yogurt with the strawberries. So, I poured some into a baggie to take to work with me.

I gave myself an extra 5 minutes this morning to put together my lunch box, and it was all I needed!

This morning's breakfast:


Oh, hello yummy goodness.

Have a lovely Tuesday!

ps- I am 99% better, finally! Still have stuffy nose and congestion but nothing like last week/this weekend. Thanks again for all the get well wishes!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart jumped a little bit with excitement when I read that you are doing a triathlon. I'm doing one too!! My official start date for training is Feb. 14th, but I've been swimming pretty consistently. Glad you're feeling better!

Unknown said...

That looks so delicious! And preparation is always key to a productive morning, I have to get better about that.

Rissy said...

aww yay that is so great that you did this!
bet you'll notice you are a lot LESS hungry tonight.

Lauren said...

YUM! That looks delicious!!! :)

shawni marie said...

MMM. i have been TRYING to get better about eating breakfast...

i have such a hard time in the mornings though...
i need help!
LOL

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

YUM!!!

I have such a love-hate relationship with breakfast. I'm never in the mood to make it when I first get up, so I usually end up having breakfast food for lunch or dinner. It's a great idea to make muffins ahead of time though!! Hmmm!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

oh man that looks super yummy!!!

Sandy a la Mode said...

ohhhhhh those muffins look SOOO good!! yummy!!!

According to Jax said...

Gosh I wish I was this healthy! I wish I worked with you so we could share breakfast! :)

Unknown said...

mmmmmm. i am a huge fan of vanilla yogurt, granola & strawberries. a great way to start the day!

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

this is a great idea. Do the strawberries get all yucky and gooey from their own juices?

Rebekah said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Those strawberries look good! I eat them almost every day.

Annemarie said...

They look so yummy! Glad you're feeling better :) xoxo

Courtney said...

Cranberry muffins, holy crap those sound good. I used to love eating cranberry walnut cookies, I should venture into my kitchen soon :) And, yes, breakfast is so very important for everyone, especially someone who is doing some extensive physical training.. damn! Cute blog :)

XOXO Courtney
www.stickylipgloss.com

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

And now at 10pm, im craving strawberries.

BJJ said...

Yay for feeling better! The yogurt, grapenut, strawberry concoction is a personal favorite of mine also. I do granola a lot!
Those cranberry muffins look awesome! Post the recipe?? :)

Megan said...

That yogurt looks SO good!! Good for you for eating breakfast! Wasn't it totally satisfying??

B F said...

Love your blog! I'm your newest follower... i'm totally addicted to yogurt in the morning! Healthy and delicious!

http://lidiaadel.blogspot.com

Brooke D said...

oh my goodness this all looks ammmazing!!!!!!

Kim said...

hooray for yogurt, granola & strawberries! :)