Friday, February 11, 2011

Pray for him!

One of the best and most important things you can do for your husband, fiance, or boyfriend is to pray for them. Since Valentine's Day is around the corner, I thought this would be the best time to share this. It is taken from one of my daily devotional emails. Enjoy!

Pray for:

-His Head - That he will look to You as Lord of his life. (1 Corinthians 11:13)
-His Mind - That he will have the mind of Christ and think as the Holy Spirit would lead him and not the flesh. (1 Corinthians 2:16)
-His Eyes - That You will keep his eyes from temptation and that he will turn his eyes from sin. (Matthew 6:13, Mark 9:47)
-His Ears - That he will hear Your still small voice instructing him. (1 Kings 19:12, Psalm 32:8)
-His Mouth - That his words will be pleasing to You. (Proverbs 19:14)
-His Neck - That he will humble himself before You and be strong, courageous, and careful to do everything written in Your Word so that he will be prosperous and successful. (James 4:10, Joshua 1:8-9)
-His Heart - That he will love and trust You with his whole heart. (Deuteronomy 6:5, Proverbs 3:5)
-His Arms - That You will be his strength. (Psalm 73:26)
-His Hands - That he will enjoy the work of his hands and see it as a gift from You. (Ecclesiastes 3:13, 5:19)
-His Feet - That You will order his steps and that he will walk in Your truth. (Proverbs 4:25, Psalm 26:3)

25 comments:

Heather (Heatherella) said...

Love this, Milly!

Quirky Homemaker said...

Wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Great Post! Thank you so much for sharing! Have a great day!

Alisha said...

This is really good!! Love it <3

B said...

This is perfect :)

Emily said...

so true! Prayer is so important I believe in the power of a praying woman!

Follow Your Heart said...

This is truly amazing. <3

Whim Wham Life said...

So good, so true, and so needed in relationships! Thanks for sharing lovely lady. Have a great weekend! xoxo

P.S. I am so craving cupcakes now. man oh man:-)

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i loved this! i totally did this all through highschool and college. i told ryan about this and we thought it was so cool to think that God used those prayers to make ryan who he is today!

Chrissi said...

that is so wonderful. thank you for posting this!

Rebekah said...

This is so wonderful sweet friend! I always prayed for Dylan and it was so amazing to be finally to put a name with who I was praying for. :)

Chelsea said...

This is great!! Thanks for posting it!

Kyla Makay said...

I LOVE THIS! Thanks for posting! :) I am praying for him. :) <3

chloƫ. said...

LOVE this! I might print it out and put it in my bible - thanks for sharing!

And these prayers can and should definitely be said even if you don't know who your forever valentine is quite yet! :)

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Love this! Definitely saving it!

Mere said...

This is such a great post! Thanks so much for sharing. I am definitely going to put this technique of praying for my future husband into practice. I just got out of a relationship, and honestly, I never really prayed much for him...I guess deep down inside, I knew he wasn't the one for me. But, I am printing this out and keeping it! Thanks again, and congrats on your new cupcake shop!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I gave you a blog award, check out my blog for details! :)

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, this brought tears to my eyes! Such a great post! My mom and I used to say a prayer for my husband every night before we went to bed. Now that I have my husband, I still pray for him daily! You're an inspiration!!

Jessica said...

my Husband is currently stationed in Afghanistan. I pray for him everyday, then I pray some more. thank you for sharing this! xo

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

I love this so much. It's wonderful.

Discovery Street said...

love this...thanks for sharing!

Raven said...

ABSOLUTELY. LOVE. THIS. Couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Thanks :)

Raven said...

ABSOLUTELY. LOVE. THIS. Couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Thanks :)

carissa said...

yes. pray and pray some more!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for reminding me of how important prayer is and the little things that we need to appreciate more :)

xoxo
Katie