Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Freedom


"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Psalm 40:1-2

God is good. He provides a defense mechanism for those experiences that are beyond our ability to face. He gently tucks them away until we are ready. When we bury pain alive, it keeps popping up at unexpected moments. Pain must be dealt with and buried...dead. Freedom from the pit of darkness demands a confrontation of our past, straining every experience through the truth that all things work together for our good. The will of God admits no defeat and penalizes no one. We can allow our past to defeat us or empower us. Harnessing the power of the past is a compelling weapon in the war against darkness.

Let go.

19 comments:

Kelly said...

Love this:)

Kelly said...

Love this post. It was something that I needed this week.

Lauren said...

LOVE this!!! :)

Venessa said...

So true! And beautifully said! Thank you for always sharing your heart!

Anna @ IHOD said...

So refreshing to read Michelle. Thank you. I actually had a rough night of accepting some of the things going on in my life, and this is such a good reminder to let go and let God.
<3 hugs!
Anna

Sandy a la Mode said...

love this sweetie! what a refreshing ready!!

Nicki said...

Thanks for sharing! You've helped me start my day off well!

Whim Wham Life said...

This is beautiful and powerful! Spoken from such a true place. You go girl, and go God! xoxo

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Wonderful post....thank you for sharing. Blessings!

Chelsea said...

Needed this today, thanks for posting!

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

very beautiful, I love the part that saids the truth that all things work together for our good.

Sonja said...

you are a blessing! :) thanks for this reminder!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Wow... this gave me goosebumps. Thanks for posting it.

Brooke D said...

love this!!!

Megan said...

This is honest, real, and powerful. So glad that you shared this.

Annemarie said...

Love this! So true! xoxo

carissa said...

so good... love that Scripture. it holds such promise. and how comforting it is knowing that He works ALL things together for the good of those that love Him.

amber lynn said...

wow, that is powerful! thank you for sharing!

Quirky Homemaker said...

Following now from the weekend wander. . .actally wandered from someone else's blog off of the weekend wander!
michelle
http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com