Friday, December 2, 2011

The Race






"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us..." Hebrews 12:1 (ESV)

-------------------------------------------------------------

God willing... tomorrow morning at 7am EST I will set forth my journey to finish my first half marathon.

I pray God gives me the strength to tell myself NO, the strength and endurance to finish it.

This marathon is important to me.

I will run for my friend's mother, who is fighting her battle with cancer.

I will run for those who have ever doubted me.

I will run for those who can't.



Thank you to all who have encouraged me!




ps- guest posting over here

14 comments:

Sarah said...

You'll have beautiful weather for the race! Have FUN :)

Angie said...

Good luck on the run! You will do great! I hear ya on the running for those who have ever doubted you....you'll do great!!

Aubrey S. said...

You're going to do awesome tomorrow. Enjoy every second of the accomplishment.

Emily said...

love that verse! Good luck you will do great! Just remember why you are running :)

Mateya said...

Good luck! You are going to do so great...I am so excited for you!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Good LUCK! You can DO IT! :D

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! You will do great. Can't wait to hear about it! :)

jessica said...

You can DO IT! Just have FUN!

Bailey

Amanda Marshall said...

YAY! YOU GO GIRL! cant wait to hear how it goes! jealous i cant run it with you!

Mere said...

ooh yay, I hope you did wonderfully in the race!!! Love that verse from Hebrews. Hope the rest of your weekend was great!

henning love said...

how did your half go girl?? hope it went great!!

Sandy a la Mode said...

you go girl!! i am guessing you survived it without problem?? :D

Ashley said...

How did it go?!?! I hope you loved it and finished strong! Such a HUGE accomplishment!

That is my favorite verse and the inspiration for my blog name!

Can't wait to read the re-cap friend!

Unknown said...

omg congrats on your marathon!!!!! That is so awesome...I am jealous of your dedication