Monday, April 25, 2011

Home is Where the Heart is

Hi friends!!! Hope y'all had a wonderful Easter weekend!!
I sure did! The weather in FL could NOT have been more perfect!

After work Friday, I left to go to my most favorite town, St. Augustine! The town is full of rich history and beauty. It was a short lil girls weekend, but MUCH needed! I came back so refreshed and HAPPY.

This town has my heart.

{Stayed at the Casa Monica Hotel! Was such a treat!}

{Our room!}

{Having my 1st ever martini @ Tini Martini Bar along the bay!}

{Woke up early Saturday morning to play tour guide for my friend. We stopped at the St. Augustine Fort and got in for free-SCORE!-because it was National State Park day, or something like that.}

{An adorable new boutique on St. George Street}

{I would have bought everything, if it weren't so expensive!}


{Flagler College-I attended college here for a year!}

{Oh, just me and good ol' Henry Flagler}


{Inside The Lightner Museum}

{Beautiful flowers outside of The Lightner Museum}

If you are ever passing through Florida (I-95), you should def make a pit stop to St. Augustine!

21 comments:

Lindsey said...

looks like you had an amazing weekend!

and girl - i can't believe you have never had a martini before! they are such a FUN after dinner drink!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

aw i love this - you look so happy and pretty!! :)

Whim Wham Life said...

Beautiful place! I think I need to go there soon! xoxo

Jessica said...

ohhh i miss st. augustine so much. i can't believe i spent 4 years there! i need to go back soon. i couldnt believe how much flagler has changed since i left. it will always be one of my favorite cities.

& i have never had a martini!

BJJ said...

So glad you had fun! Thanks for sharing these pics!
PB&J sorbet time this week!

Heather said...

Beautiful area! I will def have to check it out!

Caroline said...

Beautiful pictures! :)

shear indulgence said...

such a cool spot, I totally am adding this to my places to visit list! you look so cute sippin on your martini btw
;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Beautiful pictures. You look so cute in your little hat!
xo,
jess

http://sweetlilsomethings.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

gorgeous photos! I still have itching to go to St. Augustine with The Husband!
Glad to hear you had such an amazing weekend!

Unknown said...

gorgeous photos! I still have itching to go to St. Augustine with The Husband!
Glad to hear you had such an amazing weekend!

Unknown said...

gorgeous photos! I still have itching to go to St. Augustine with The Husband!
Glad to hear you had such an amazing weekend!

Rebekah said...

Oh goodness, I think you are the cutest person ever! It looks like a wonderful time!

Miss Chelsea said...

you are adorable. your first ever martini?! Oh girl we need a girls weekend...

Amy said...

Looks like IT was AMAZING weather!! :)We got a good dose of it here in NC as well.

Cant believe jus your first martini... (I sound like such a drunk, whoops :/) They are good tho huh?

Girl weekends away are the best!

Have a good week!

Brooke D said...

glad you had such a great Easter weekend!!!

Kassie said...

St. Augustine is SO beautiful! I lived so close for four years and only went there once on the way back from a trip to Savannah. What was I thinking??

Sarah said...

I've been here 14 years now and haven't been to St. Augustine :(

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, girl! My husband and I are moving, but we're not sure where yet. There are 3 places in Florida that his job might take us, and I told him that if we end up in FL that we have to visit St. Augustine. We've never been there but you just showed me why we definitely need to go. Thanks for that! Looks lovely. (:

Michelle said...

LOVE all of your pictures! Looks like an amazing weekend! I've been to Florida so many times but never to St. Augustine. It looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

Michelle what a fun weekend!! Love that city so much - and you picked the best place to stay. Would always make my parents stay there so I could too (: