Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday



Top 2 Favorite US Cities

1. ST. AUGUSTINE, FL

Suprise, suprise. If you know me, you know my heart is in this city. I adore everything about it. I even have plans to reitre there, ha. Its beautiful. The architecture, the history, the bayfront, the beach, the shopping, Nights of Lights, the Lighthouse, Bed & Breakfast Inns., Flagler College, St. George Street....

2. BOONE, NC

I love the state of North Carolina. I wish I traveled there more often. I have only been to Boone once, but fell in love immediately. Florida is so flat that I forget how absolutely beautiful mountains are! Appalachian State is gorgeous. Cute little towns near by. Southern hospitality. Picnic at Blowing Rock. Love, love, love.

What about you?

14 comments:

Caroline said...

I love St. Augustine! I've never been to Boone, but maybe I should!

chloƫ. said...

Never been to either of those places, but they look fantastic!

I'm a big Boston/Rockport fan, both of which are in Massachusetts. I should probably just move there, LOL.

Kelly said...

I am an Appalachian State Alumni! Boone is such a beautiful place. In the fall the leaves are amazing.

Heather said...

I just might have to go on a roadtrip:-)

Sandy a la Mode said...

hmmm that is a tough one!! i do love chicago, IL!! so much to do there and the people are so nice!

The Undomestic Mom said...

both of those look amazing! I want to go!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, lovelovelove the mountains and the Carolinas! I've only been to one part of FL(Tallahasee?)...but the city you're talking about sounds wonderful. :)

Cindy said...

St. Augustine is a great city... love the history and the architecture. We also boat up there quite a bit and the Christmas boat parade is always so fun.

Manda said...

Me and the fam. are looking for a warm place to visit this COLD winter... we like to "get away" every January... you have me intrigued with St. Augustine, FL.
Now I know for most people who live in FL it would be considered cold in January... but for us -40 folk, it's a summer dream.

Anna @ IHOD said...

Hi Michelle!
I have been to so many cities in FL but never St. Augustine! Will have to go sometime:)
I love visiting new places, its hard to nail down a fave.

Atlanta is like home so that is probably tops:)

star said...

These both look amazing! Florida is popular today, it seems everyone loves the cities there! Have a great day!

Blair McLeod said...

st. aug is beautiful. have only been once and it was in highschool... i think it is time i repay a visit!!

Kim said...

hmmm i'd say austin, tx and boulder, co!

moving to boulder in december (whoop) and then hopefully austin when we decide to start a family! :)

Ms. Emmy N said...

I have never been to either of these cities but they both look gorgeous! I love the carolinas!