Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oh my...

I must apologize dear friends for my absence. Unfortunately, I do not have a good excuse. Just been tired and unmotivated.


Isn't that awesome!? (via)

Awesomely enough, I have been on track with my workout schedule. Yay! But last night's run was so rough. I got a side cramp 10 minutes into my run! Ew. I was determined to have a good run so I ran through the pain. Wasn't fun but I did it.

Later that night I decided to look up how to get rid of a cramp, because if that happens during one of my 5k's I need to know if there is a solution.

Well.... there really isn't one. All I read was to stretch your sides before and after you run; drink more water (probably the cause of my cramp); & run through it.


I hope you all have had a wonderful week so far!

7 comments:

chloƫ. said...

haha I LOVE that picture! Some days I need me a dinosaur!

And that's awesome you've been so consistent! I've heard that cramping is caused by not enough sodium. Next time, try bringing some gatorade or sodium-induced energy chews with you and see if they help.

Amanda said...

i love that pic! haha! that is totally me. :) i don't think i ever run far enough to get a cramp...so i don't have any advice. lol! i have been trying to walk/jog in the evenings while the weather is nice.
hope you have a good day today! xoxo

B said...

Can you send some of you motivation THIS direction? I was just telling my husband yesterday how UNMOTIVATED I feel to work out. It's bad news bears.

Blair McLeod said...

girl glad one of us is on track.. i've been a HORRIBLE exerciser lately!!!

maybe today will be the day...

Sandy a la Mode said...

i've missed you! good for you that you've been keeping up with exercising! i haven't worked out in ages! i was doing the insanity workout for a few weeks but then with all the travel, i couldn't keep up! :(

midwesterngal said...

This goes against all logic (and biology) but if I have a granola bar about 45 minutes before running I don't get a cramp. If I eat something earlier than that or later it doesn't work as well. So weird, right??

Some days I feel like there's nothing I can do to prevent a cramp when running! Also, focus on your breathing. Make sure you're taking nice, long breaths in! Sometimes that helps me. :)

Kim said...

this may sound silly but when i get cramps i try really hard to breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth. sometimes just me concentrating on breathing correctly either makes it go away or at least makes me forget about it...if all else fails...crank up the music and run it out haha