Thursday, October 4, 2012

Organic or Conventional?

When I am really bored I watch the Dr. Oz show.

Or in this case, miserably sick with the cold flu, and bound to the couch.

Dr. Oz talked about the amount of pesticides found in conventional produce as compared to organic.



I haven't really bought the whole organic thing. I don't have the money to spend on my fruits and veggies. If I had a farmer's market near me, I would buy all my produce there, because it's organic and to support locals, but I haven't found one near me. Also, I grew up eating conventional produce so if it kills me, whatever. Kind of like the whole Diet drink epidemic that it causes cancer, blah blah blah.

But now I am kind of grossed out... because I eat an apple every day and they are not organic. Dr. Oz suggested to buy organic produce of the kind you eat the most. I think I might splurge and get organic on this one.


My whole reason for posting this is to ask what you guys think of it....

Do you buy organic?
Notice a difference in your diet from going organic?
Thoughts?
Don't care, lol?


xoxo.

1 comment:

Liz said...

We eat mostly organic. We try to grow most of our own produce so that helps with the cost and we buy our meat in bulk (like a whole cow at a time). I can tell a difference in what I am getting and eating now where I probably couldn't a couple years ago. It's definitely been a slow progression over the years, and sometimes I still can't justify organic when there is a huge price difference. We've just learned to eat fresh, in season and local!