Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Nurses Touch


{I am doing this behind my sister's back, but I don't think she will mind}

{getting pinned}

This is my sister. She is a Registered Nurse.

I saw a quote one time that said "A nurse, the touch of an angels hand." 

I very much agree.

It takes a special person with a special gift to be a nurse/doctor. 

My sister got this wonderful gift.

She is participating in and raising money for Heart Walk for the American Heart Association.


What is Heart Walk? Why Walk?

"Did you know that cardiovascular disease is the No. 1 killer of all Americans? In fact, someone dies from CVD every 38 seconds! Heart disease also kills more women than all forms of cancer combined.  And congenital cardiovascular defects are the most common cause of infant death from birth defects."


My sister is wanting to raise $100 to help towards this movement.

Will you please help by donating $5, $10, $20?!

Please think about it. It's for a wonderful cause.

{DONATE HERE}



Thanks!

9 comments:

Maggy said...

I'm sure she won't mind some sneak photos :) The Heart Walk is a great cause, glad to see it mentioned!

Aubrey S. said...

Quick question. Are you sure the amount she's raising is typed correctly - $100? I'm thinking you may have meant $1,000.

S said...

Awe.. love this! :) Let me know.. I can put this on my blog as well. Great cause!

Bel said...

That is so sweet. I have always looked up to people working in healthcare. They are the most undervalued people in this world!

<3 Belly B

Lauren said...

This is so so awesome!!! :)

Amanda said...

how awesome! you & your sis are so cute.

Elizabeth @ Love Is the Adventure said...

Congratulations to your sister! That's a huge accomplishment. I always thought I wanted to be a nurse. So I got three degrees in theatre. Because that makes sense. ;) I have so much respect for people in the medical field. So much strength to do those hours and that kind of work!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

WOW! A huge congrats to your sister. I love that quote and the picture is so sweet...love her big smile!

Sandy a la Mode said...

aww this is soo great!!