Monday, June 21, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

I love Miscellany Mondays!

ONE-Happy Summer!! Today is officially the first day of Summer. Here in Florida it has felt like Summer for the past few weeks!


(via weheartit)
I love this picture...It's what you want to do after being outside for what....10minutes? Yeah...it's that bad.

TWO-CONQUERER! I did it! I conquered my little fear of the bike shoes! It was amazing. I am even more addicted to cycling after a ride with them. It completely changes the bike ride. I felt more in control and I wasn't constantly shifting my feet. It was great! Didn't fall once. Hooray! Thanks for all those motivational comments! And HEATHER...I thought of your comment from your hubby on my bike ride: "to clip out you have to act like your kicking a dog running up next to you or something weird." Haha. It worked!


THREE-STEAKS. Father's day was full of great food and great people. My boyfriend cooked steaks for our entire family! He seriously can cook a mean steak! Delicious! He can grill and is very handsome...and he loves Jesus. I am a lucky gal! Love you bf! Xoxo.

FOUR-GRADUATION. My sister graduates (gets pinned) tonight from Nursing School! Congrats to her!

FIVE-MANGO MOJITO. I had the best dang mango mojito at Chili's Friday night. I have been craving one ever since my trip to Atlantic City, where I had THE best $10 mango mojito! Oh it was worth the money, trust me. But Chili's does a mighty fine job on theirs AND it's 2 for 1 for only $6.99! Can't beat that!

SIX-JOURNAL. Here are journal pages from Day 4 and Day 5. I have much catching up to do for days 6, 7, and today because I left my journal at work. I will share them as soon as I finish!

(Day 4: "What fills your heart?" Day 5: "Blogs you love")

Have a great Monday!!

21 comments:

Courtney said...

Loved your randoms! So glad you had a great weekend and now I'm craving a Mojito. :)

Sandy a la Mode said...

mmmm mango mojito, sounds soo good right now esp b/c it is going to be up to 94 degrees today, HELLO SUMMER!!!

Resisting Perfection said...

So glad I came across your blog, can't wait to read some more of your entries. That mango mojito sounds delish..can't wait until I can have one of those again!

Heather said...

haha! I'm sooo glad it worked. I will have to tell my hubs. He will be so proud of me that I actually listened and passed on that advice. I've got a big cheesy grin on:-)

It is hot here in VA too...like mid 90s. They said a cold front is coming through-mid 80s. That's not so cold to me, but it is more doable!

That picture is awesome!

Jasmine Iris said...

Steak and mojitos? I think I know what I want for dinner :)!

Aww and I'm a blog you love! :) yay

xoxo

Anna @ IHOD said...

Hi Michelle!!
You make me want to pull out my bike today. YAY for summer!!! June is a special month for me-my husband and I got married in June.

Congrats to your sister! My sister is in her last year of nursing school:)
And thanks for making me smile with that last photo-you are the sweetest.
Much love
Anna

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Wonderful Miscellany!!

Love the journal idea.

Have a great Monday!

Brooke D said...

i could literally comment on everything single thing you wrote... congrats to your sister!! such an accomplishment!! you are beyond cute on your bike!! yayyy for conquering your fear...i knew you could do it!!

woohoo for summertime!!! have a great week and i LOVE your journal :)

Unknown said...

LOVE the "what fills your heart" page, and is that my name I see on the "blogs you love" page? SWEET.

adorable.
xoxox

BARBIE said...

I loved your miscellany today. I love your journal! Have a great Monday!

chloƫ. said...

woo hoo, girl you look like a pro cycler! so glad you're getting the hang of things...!

and having that guy in your life who loves Jesus is TOTALLY awesome :)

AND is that Chloƫ on your journal page me?!?! If so, you just made my day :)

Dorcas said...

I am loving that journal idea! that was neat! my husband has those thingy's for his bike too. I don't ride but will this weekend with the church! Thanks for sharing your randomness!

~blessings
Dorcas

Summer said...

loved the randoms! Yay for conquering the bike shoes...they look super cute on ya and the fact they made you ride better is a bonus ha!

Sooo um I have been wanting to try one of thoes Mango Mojitios...I so have to now....

Yay that you have a boyfriend that can cook, loves ya and love jesus....

I love the What fills your heart idea...

xoxo
Summer

Angie said...

yum...mango mojito...my mouth is watering.

we love steaks in our household too. my husband is a great steak griller, so if you have a grillin' man...snatch him up...heehee!!

fun blog you have here!

have a great week :)

Anonymous said...

I love the bike picture :) You look like you really had fun. I cannot wait for my bike to actually get fixed this week :)

Mango Mojitos sound yummy and refreshing ;)

I love the way you design your journal. I wish I was as talented when it comes to drawings and designs. So beautiful!

Have a wonderful day,
Kate

Amanda said...

i'm glad you had a good bike ride!! sounds like you had a great weekend too! enjoy your first day of summer!!!! :)

Jamie said...

There's me on your blog page!!! =) I'm honored!!!

Steak sounds sooooooo good!!!! Hope you've had a great day!!!

carissa said...

you are just super cute! yay for the bike shoes! your journal is just presh! happy 1st day of summer.

Adie said...

The Mango Mojito sounds awesome! Love the journal idea.

Manda said...

Your randoms rock... AHHHH and I spotted my blog title on your page. Aren't you cute as a button!!!!
And come on, Mango mojitos... YUMM!!!

Candace said...

1. Summer - Yikes it is too hot, but I love summer!
2. Shoes - I wish I had a bike to ride. It seems like fun fitness.
3. Steaks - Yum-O!
4. Sister's Success- YAY!
5. Mango Mojito - sounds delightful
J6. ournal - Continues to be adorable.