Monday, June 7, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Warning: This is a long one!

(1) I watched the Pinocco Race (NASCAR) and it was intense! I laugh at myself for actually enjoying this sport! :)


(2) So for some reason this weekend I watched a few movies that made me cry...I really don't like movies like that but I guess it's good to have a "good cry" every now and then??? I saw Seven Pounds, My Sister's Keeper (I cried reading this book!), and Dear John.


(3) I am realllly needing my hair done, my roots are embarrassingly showing. Being part blonde is so high maintenance.

(4) I finally got a bike ride in Saturday morning! It was good. When I say good I mean...I was drenched in sweat and felt the burn a couple of hours after my ride. (note to self...need more protein!)

(5) Saturday was the best day of this past weekend! Great bike ride....AND the surprises I had for my boyfriend went perfect! (well almost...just a little speed bump that delayed the timing of everything but it worked out!) Want to hear about the surprises?? OKAY!

I wrote 3 letters that revealed the surprise inside:

First, "Time to RELAX"...I paid for him to have an hour massage because my massages can only go so far. He has also been very stressed and I just wanted him to relax. He won't go by himself so by doing this it FORCES him to! He thought I'd be going with him...but I told him it was HIS day! He called me a brat a few million times that night...I loved seeing him smile like that. If you have a Massage Envy near you, you must go there and get one!


*during this time I managed to go to the grocery store to pick up things to make for dinner and cleaning supplies and cleaned his apartment!

Second, "Time to EAT" ...after his massage I had him take the second surprise so he could open it in his car to reveal where he would go next...He would come back to his apartment to a candle lit dinner! (awwwww) Dinner was sooo good! I got a Bertolli Shrimp Linguine pack and made asparagus. I got him some beer and I had myself a glass of wine.

*I used Today's Letters Asparagus recipe...OH MY GOODNESS. You must make this. Delicious!*


While eating dinner I gave him his last surprise..."Time to CHILL" ...An outing to his favorite cigar bar in Downtown Orlando...Corona's. I paid for the cigar of his choice. (You must know that I am not a fan of cigar smoke so this was a big deal for us to go together)
It was nice though. I really enjoyed myself and I know he loved it too.

Before heading home we stopped at Mochi frozen yogurt! YUM!
(excuse the messy hair...the humidity ruined it)


I am so glad everything went perfect. I had never done this for anyone so I was so nervous! I love that man of mine.


How was your weekend!?

11 comments:

Ashley said...

What a great micellany ! He is very lucky to have a girl like you! I would never even think of something as clever as that.

Courtney said...

You are such a good girlfriend! How sweet! Glad it all went well and you guys had a good time!

chloƫ. said...

Aww I love your miscellany! And those are some great surprises! :)

Haha, I did chuckle when you said you enjoyed Nascar this weekend. I still don't understand the enjoyment of watching cars go 'round and 'round...but I guess it's because I'm from the north, haha, and will probably never understand.

Brooke D said...

OH MY GOODNESS! You are so cute and such a great girlfriend!!!! Way to go!!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Saturday!

I cannot wait to get my highlights again on Saturday. My hair looks awful right now. I totally understand what you mean.

I just brought my bike to the shop so that I can get new tires. I cannot wait to ride it to my workout class next week. I wish I actually knew a thing or two about bikes then I could have fixed it myself ... but this should work. Mountain biking is so much fun {wink}

Have an amazing day,
Kate

faith ann raider said...

awww. SO sweet!! sounds like a great weekend!

Manda said...

Your weekend sounds like it was lovely...
I have to say, I would have been a bawling mess along side you watching those movies. I cried during all of them.
That's why chocolate is a must when watching sappy movies... it makes us feel better.
:)
Big Hugs,
~M

Unknown said...

I didn't know you moved to blogger I am totally a follower!

Sounds like a great weekend!

hugs

Carrie

Anna @ IHOD said...

What a loving girlfriend you are! How sweet and thoughtful. It is fun to think of ways to spoil them when they are such good men.

Those movies ARE tear jerkers! Wow. Intense too!

BARBIE said...

I've seen Seven Pounds and My Sister's Keeper and they both made me cry. I am waiting for Dear John from Netflix. I will make sure to have tissues on hand. How wonderful of you to bless your boyfriend so much! Blessings!

Stephanie said...

What a sweet girlfriend you are!
I am with you on #3. My hair grows super fast so I have roots like 2 weeks after highlights -crazy! Good thing I'm a hairstylist and can touch it up myself!

Ps: That last pic is so cute :)