Monday, October 3, 2011

Miscellany Monday


Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
{link up here}


 1-HAPPY OCTOBER!!! I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!! October welcomed Florida to some amazingly beautiful weather this past weekend and this week!! Crisp, cool, sunny, windows-down kinda days. My allergies didn't take a likin' to it AT ALL though. Jax baby loved it.



2- Thank you to everyone who left comments about my dating post. Y'all are too sweet. God is definitely working out the kinks in my heart. He really spoke to me yesterday. I think I am a patient person but patience in His timing is such a struggle for me, but I know looking back, I will be so thankful for this time.


‎"One day in retrospect the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." - Sigmund Freud



3. EPICLICIOUS. The package I sent to my favorite soldier in Afghanistan FINALLY arrived!! In it were some of Michabella's cupcakes! I baked and sealed them in jars. The frosting however was store bought. He coined them "epiclicious". There may or may not be another package on its way with some more goodies.


He will probably roundhouse kick me for posting this or for using 'his' word, but it shows how epiclicious they are. My friends need proof, SGT.




4. Why is it this time of year we are all so obsessed with all things pumpkin?!?! Seriously, the past two years I have gone crazy. Speaking of crazy... did y'all know THIS GIRL doesn't like pumpkin?! Yeah, I am totally calling you out. We need to change her mind about this. 


Anyway, I am obsessed with this creamer which can be found at Target:


and of course, this beer:



5. I love this song and this band:



xoxo.

17 comments:

Christina said...

Wasn't it so beautiful this weekend?! I loved it!

I love pumpkin! I have the best cookie recipe and have been forcing myself to wait to make it because once I start, I cannot stop!

Lauren said...

For real, the weather here this weekend was seriously beyond gorgeous!!!!!! :)

Miss Chelsea said...

hahahah nope, I don't enjoy pumpkin. get over it!! =) my mind is unchangeable

Sandy a la Mode said...

i'm so excited for this time of year as well as all things pumpkin too!!!

Amanda said...

i'm obsessed with all things pumpkin too!!!!! i can't get enough! :)

Amanda Marshall said...

I loved everything in your post-- but the pics of your homemade cupcakes all the way in afghanistan and his proud smile... Toooooo good. Made ME smile! And epiclicious... Hah. I hope you teased him atleast a little for that one :)

Unknown said...

agreed. this time of year is the best!

and sad fact, i dont like pumpkin either... bleh. pumpkin bread & pumpkin seeds are the exception.

Chrissi said...

where do i even start?! first, i've missed your blog...don't worry, i am back :) and secondly, i love the civil wars, and lastly, that picture of jax is so cute and very where's waldo-ish! XO

Mere said...

Yay! I love this post! I am obsessed with pumpkin, too!!! And I'm going to see the Civil Wars later this month...can't wait!!! I know your soldier friend(s) so appreciated the package...way to go Michelle! :)

BJJ said...

So cute of Sgt. David :)
Sheldon and I had a quick beer with his brother at Underground Bluz on Friday night. Hopefully he'll get my package soon!

xoxo, Bai

SarahBeth said...

This is my FAVORITE time of year too, especially since I live in New England. :) Gets quite pretty up here!

Looooooove Shipyard Pumpkinhead Beer, its my go-to fall beer.

Also, hooray that your package with the goodies arrived in Afghanistan. So good of you to do that. <3

Sarah said...

You know my thoughts on pumpkin - YUM! And this cold snap - beautiful! What fun to see the cupcakes making their arrival. What a great friend you are :)

Shannon said...

I'm a BIG fan of the Civil Wars. I love pumpkin too...I could probably eat it year round but saving it for fall makes me look forward to this season even more!

shannonfrawley.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

what about this sgt for you ( ; he looks pretty cute!! oxox

carissa said...

thanks for linking up. it is absolutely awesome that you sent a soldier cupcakes. this makes you the coolest cupcaker ever! i love this time of year too. happy autumn!

Ashley said...

I am loving this cooler weather!! I love everything pumpkin too. I think I saw your tweet about all the Publix being out of pumpkin... that happened to me last fall, so I stocked up on cans of it once I finally found some!

Oh.... and if you want a really really great pumpkin beer, Hoppin' Frog makes a delicious one.... it's their Frog's Hollow Double Pumpkin Ale. (:

Holly said...

What a fun thing to send over to soliders who are deployed!! I always saw recipes for cakes in a jar but I never tried it. So fun! And I've seen so many bloggers who don't like pumpkin...it's just crazy talk! Loooove me some pumpkin :) Have a great day!