Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Guest Post- Piloting Life

Hey lovebugs!!! Hope you are having a good week! Today's guest post is by another very dear friend of mine. We've even met, IRL, since she is now a FL girl. I adore this lady so much and I know y'all will too. Thanks Ashley! -xoxo



Hey there blog friends!
I'm Ashley... I blog over at { Piloting Life } 
and I'm thrilled to be here today guest blogging for Michelle.



I love writing about any and everything on my blog, but today I
want to share a few little things that I am incredibly thankful for in life.

I may not have the nicest house (my husband and I share a small apartment) or the biggest closet. I may have never met my mother's parents, and I may have grown up in a mobile home. None of those things are reason enough to feel sorry for myself. Ever. Each day is a blessing. We may never have all of the answers to life, but that should not stop us from trying and enjoying life in the process.

Sometimes it's easy to feel overwhelmed with life and all of the challenges it may present. I find myself wishing I had this or that in life, but then I remember to be thankful for exactly where I am and know that everything happens for a reason. Hindsight is always 20/20, and even if we're facing adversity... know that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Each day brings new opportunities,
so I always try my best to wake up and give thanks for the day.
A simple "thank you" after waking up does the trick. (:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here are a couple of things I am incredibly thankful for
that I sometimes find myself taking for granted....

My health:



Not everyone has the ability to ride a bicycle, or even walk for that matter. When I find myself having a rough day, it helps to remember simple things, like functioning legs, and give thanks. There is no reason to complain if you cannot find a parking spot close to the entrance of a building. We were given legs, so why not use them... right? Something as simple as having the ability to walk myself into the grocery store is something I try to remember as often as possible.

Sunsets:



Every evening, unless it's too cloudy or rainy, we get to watch a pretty spectacular show. Since moving to Florida, we have made it a point to try and watch a sunset over the Gulf of Mexico at least every week or so. The beauty of something so routine as the sun setting is incredible. Watching a sunset is a pretty affordable way to get out and enjoy something that we often take for granted.

My job:



I may not have a job that pays the best, but during a time when many people don't have jobs (I know quite a few myself) it's hard to complain. My job may be one of those customer service type jobs that many people don't appreciate much, but that doesn't stop me from trying to make at least one person smile per day. I actually get much more enjoyment out of my retail job than I ever did my architecture job. That is no lie. I try my best to treat my job as a blessing and a way to make some one's day better with each interaction. It may not be the most glamorous job, but I am thankful for it each day.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Even when times get tough, do your best to stay optimistic and grateful.
At one point I had been writing regularly in my gratitude journal,
and it's something I hope to resume again soon.

When life gets tough (and it will)
we must work even harder to find goodness and gratitude.
I hope you have plenty to be thankful for in life!

Thanks for having me Michelle!

4 comments:

Alisha said...

You couldn't be more right about having more fun at small retail shop compared to a big corporate company. I had a blast working at Bath and Body Works in college! After graduation and getting a real job I kept finding myself hate it more and more. Not good at all. :)

Such a sweet post about being thankful! Thanks for the reminder Ash!! xoxo

Courtney B said...

I just adore Ashley!! This is a beautiful post! We all have so many things to be grateful for and I know I definitely need to be more aware of how blessed my life is!

Lauren said...

Love this!!!! And I'm a Florida girl myself!!!! :)

Unknown said...

What an amazing post! I sometimes (all the time...) find myself wishing for nicer things and a better job, but it really is so important to just feel thankful for what we all really have. I definitely needed this today, so thank you both!

And I'm headed over to Ashley's blog now! So excited to find another inspiration blogger :)

xoxo,
Joelle
www.whereweloveishome.com