Monday, December 20, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{ONE} I can't believe Christmas is this weekend! I have no Christmas spirit. It's really upsetting me because I LOVE everything about Christmas. Ugh...in other news, I am so ready for a new year. Can I get a hallelujah or an amen??

{TWO} I went to church twice yesterday... I believe I get 1 free sin. Haha, kidding! I went to STATUS last night with two pretty ladies, Baily (check out her blog! you'll love her!) and Savannah. Powerful message. Loved the music - they sounded JUST like Mumford & Sons!

{THREE} After today I get a nice break from my online classes! I plan to do some reading and spending some serious time in His word. Things have just been really rough lately.

{FOUR} By the end of Christmas weekend I think I shall give myself the title of Baking Queen.

Saturday I made my red velvet cupcakes in trade for an Orlando Magic game at the new Amway Center.



Sweet deal, literally!

(taken with my blackberry-don't act like your not impressed!)


Sunday I made red velvet cake balls with white chocolate (recipe found here), but didn't get to finish them so I will be doing that this evening. Christmas Eve I will be baking a red velvet layered cake and on Christmas day I will be attempting to make THE Pioneer Woman's famous cinnamon rolls!

{FIVE} TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE! Winter is bringing us a present!! Total eclipse begins at 11:41 p.m. PST Monday or 2:41 a.m. EST Tuesday. I plan to set my alarm to check it out if the weather cooperates, hopefully I will wake up...
Happy Monday!

22 comments:

Rebekah said...

Ha, I'm totally over this year. I'm ready for a new one!

Those cupcakes look delish! And cake balls?? So good!

Christina said...

Ok, LOVE the cupcakes. They turned out so cute!

I'm very excited about the lunar eclipse tonight too! I'll be standing outside taking pictures at 3am. Ha!

Lauren said...

can I have one of those cupcakes??? :P

Thanks so much for adding Tucker's button to your sidebar and for praying!! :)

Amber said...

Oh sweetie - I feel ya! I'm completely over this year as well. It's been the most difficult year of my adult life yet. Just keep hanging in there and lean into His love. Hopefully the holidays will bring you unexpected joy and cheer!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Christmas is going rough this year. I'm with you! Bring on the new year.
Your cupcakes look amazing Ms. Michelle! I'm super impressed! You deserve that baking queen title!

Unknown said...

Your cupcakes look SO yummy!!
I will be out there tonight for the lunar eclipse -- I'm excited about it! =)

BJJ said...

All that red velvet you will never get it off your hands! :) Thanks for coming with Sav and I last night... so fun! And I'm pumped about this lunar eclipse! Should we watch it? I hope our weather in Orlando works out for us!

Nicki said...

Michelle, you're too cute! I love those cupcakes--esp the little hearts on top. PLEASE open your cupcake shop! :]

Also, your comment about the "1 free sin" gave me a good chuckle this afternoon.

Hope you feel the Christmas-y cheer this week! Treat yourself to some Christmas cookies, drinks, and music! :]

chloƫ. said...

definitely impressed by those cupcakes. me and the baby would be glad to take one of those off your hands. :]

ps. i <33 your christmas card!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

OMG hello amazing cupcakes! Those looks great! I'm excited about this lunar eclipse I think I might just stay up baking as well till that late!

Natalie said...

i really really hope you get some christmas spirit : ) this month is just flying by and i agree it's kind of hard to be in the spirit. it doesn't feel like christmas is this week to me either!!! praying next year is the best one you've ever had : )

Joni said...

i am very impressed with your cupcakes. especially if they look that tasty in a camera phone pic. i feel like i don't have the christmas spirit either. i just don't know what it is.

Rachel said...

Aside from Dunkin, my second vice is cupcakes. Sooo yummy looking. can't believe u live so far away. ugh.

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look so yummy!! Very impressive :)

Megan said...

Yum, those cupcakes look so good! And the cake balls sound delish!!

Unknown said...

Mmmm those look fab dear, good work! And I think this year's been so crazy I don't feel like it's Christmas quite yet, but I'll get there too:-)

Kim said...

Those cupcakes look yummy. I too didn't think I was going to find the Christmas spirit this year but it hit me about a week ago. Hope you find yours too. Visiting from Miscellany. Joined up to follow you.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I'm so sorry things have been rough lately! I hope you get to spend that quality time in the word! Yesterday, I was having an "off" day, and just needed some prayer & quiet time. It's amazing what it will do for oneself!

UM....could I interest you in a trade for some of those cupcakes??????? They look amazing!

Annie said...

mmmm, the cupcakes look delicious!!! i want one!! my sweet tooth is now craving cupcakes! ;)
i hope the new year brings the very best to you hun!! cheer up :)

BARBIE said...

Oh those cupcakes look yummy!

Anonymous said...

PW's rolls are delicious! I skipped the maple and coffee in the icing and just added some more milk and it was still a.maz.ing.

Aly @ Analyze This said...

OMG! Look at those cupcakes!!! WOW!