Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Blessing Box

(LINK UP HERE)

As 2010 comes to a close, I can't help but look back at this year. It is nothing I expected it to be, which really I should expect nothing, as God is the only one that knows the path of my life.

Anyways, I was in love and then my world came crashing down and my heart was shattered to peaces. I thought I would be engaged this year. Now, I think how crazy I was to think that. I tend to hold onto to the things that broke my heart...so I wanted to share the many blessings I recieved this year:

*I entered into the blog world the beginning of this year and it has forever changed me. I am blessed beyond measure for the friendships gained from this community. You all inspire me, make me cry, laugh, think, bake...the list could go on and on. It's funny how talking about blog friends has become part of my everyday conversation. Some just don't understand. You all were my support group when my world came crashing down. I will never be able to thank you enough. Love you all so very much.*

*"The breakup" has been very bittersweet. My relationship with Christ has grown enormously. I can't even put it into words. He has taught me to let go and trust in Him, has given me an enormous amount of strength and amazing sisters in Christ. His love is overwhelming.*

*I also learned A LOT about relationships and myself. (Everyone should read The Five Love Languages and Love&Respect) I have so much to give and bring into the next relationship that God blesses me with. So very thankful for this much needed wake up call.*

*And of course, I can't forget about furbaby. I was blessed with a sweet, sweet puppy. (My parents might think otherwise, haha!)*

What are some of your blessings this year?

11 comments:

Megan said...

You are such a strong, amazing woman to go through such trials and come out a smarter, wiser person. I have a friend who was supposed to get married this December and her fiance' broke it off about 2 months before. She is going through something similar to you and I hope she comes out as strong as you!

Rebekah said...

I'm so glad to have you as a blog friend! God has worked amazing things in your life and I know He'll do much more this next year! Those two books are awesome. I have both and they are so great.

BJJ said...

I'm proud of you & how you've found such a positive light to shine on others. I'm so glad we found one another in the "blog world" but have been able to reunite in person. Having you close by makes this transition time for me less frightening. I love you so much already! You're an awesome, Godly woman and 2011 will bring wonderful blessings to you! :)

Emily Powell said...

sounds like you had a lot of growth this year...that's never fun but it will all make sense one day. :)

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

girl, i love your honesty - thanks for sharing and encouraging us, friend.

looking forward to what God brings you in the new year!

blessings for me? thankful that i "met" you - hope we get to meet for reals one day!

Rebecca said...

A huge blessing this year is a job that I actually *like*. :)

Julie S. said...

What a beautifully written post. It's so good that you can see the positives so clearly. Here is to an amazing 2011 for you!

carissa said...

i'm so happy the Lord has brought healing to you through the break-up. it's so tough, but when you can look back and see how it was for the best, it's a beautiful gift. the faithfulness of God is unwavering! may you have a blessed new year, sweet gal!

Venessa said...

I am so blessed to have you as a friend...even if just in blog world! You have given me so many words of encouragement when I needed them! Here is to many more blessings for you in 2011!

Jenn W. said...

I love the book The Five Love Languages, it gave me so much insight. Another really great book is 101 questions to ask before you get engaged. My husband and I went through the book together and learned so much about each other. The pastors at our church now recommend it to everyone. Ohh and another one -- Boy Meets Girl (SUCH A GOOD BOOK). I could give you a long list of great books!

I love my furkids (even though they live at my parents house). I cannot wait to get a furkid of my own. Husband has promised one after I graduate, we'll see. :)

Love how you focused on how God has blessed you this year. :)

Jenn W. said...

In response to your last comment (my email is jenn.warwick@yahoo.com) -- You will thoroughly enjoy reading 101 questions, it is such a good book. Relationships do take a lot of work. I am into my second year of marriage and we are both still learning how to be selfless and how to put forth the effort it takes to maintain a healthy and loving marriage. Good friendships need the same mentality applied to be fulfilling.

Your blog is great, I keep looking through all of your posts -- loving it! I am trying to grow my blog, as I have just really started getting into blogging this past month. Any tips or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.