Friday, December 3, 2010

Fashion Fridays



With the cooler weather upon us, I have been inspired to shop for some new leggings. But I’ve found that you can take the whole legging trend and do so much more with it!

Colored Tights

I love these (although I haven’t had the courage to wear them yet) and they are so cheap! You can find them in almost every store. Even Target has these beauties in tons of different colors and prints for only $5!

Speaking of…

Patterned Tights

Check these babies out!! The plaid ones are my favorite. Black is one of the most popular colors for holiday dresses, and what better way to make your legs look as trendy as the rest of you than putting on a pair of patterned tights. I was at a party last weekend and almost every girl was wearing a short dress with patterned tights and booties. I guess it sort of makes the shortness of the dress look classier ;) Either way, I think they are a beautiful and simple way to add to any outfit.

Last, but certainly not least...

Pleather (that’s right, pleather) Leggings


OH. EM. GEE.
Words can’t even describe how much I am obsessed with these. Which is a little odd being that I don’t actually own a pair haha. I imagine they are a little hard to get on and off, and probably get very warm when the weather isn’t in your favor, but it would be worth it to me. I never thought I would be raving about a piece of clothing as if I were imagining eating a delicious piece of food (I am a foodie too, so this totally makes sense)

I found these at American Apparel and I cannot wait to buy for my upcoming Christmas trip to NYC!

What are your favorite leg accessories?

Ciao!

11 comments:

Nicki said...

HAHA, I know what you mean when you say that you haven't the courage to wear the pattern leggings yet. I feel the same way! I think some of patterns are just so adorable--on other people. haha!

Natalie said...

i LOVE colored tights!!! i'm hoping to get a few more pairs for xmas! they add so much : )

TheNameIsCasie said...

I LOVE colored tights...I just dont know if I could actually pull 'em off...hm. Something to investigate, I suppose. Love you girls! Have a great weekend~

Rebekah said...

I love colored and patterned tights! I need to get some more!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

michelle, you know me - i'm obsessed with tights! to the point that i try not to look in that section of the store to avoid buying anymore. ha!! they are a great accessory!!

happy friday!

Annie said...

i don't think i could pull off the colored tights. the patterned tights are fun too although i don't think i could pull them off either...esp now, with my big belly it attracts enough attention ;)

Christina said...

I just now got into leggings, but have been eyeballing tights! Maybe I'll have the nerve. They're really cute!

rachel said...

pleather leggings... i wish i had the guys to wear those. but now, i could wear some fun patterned tights! such a good idea.

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

I love Fashion Fridays! I recently bought tights, but I want more colors. Awesome post as usual.

p.s. If you are interested I have a giveaway going on at my blog right now.
amylouwhogirl.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Amylou <3

Rebecca said...

I like patterned tights....definitely not brave enough to wear the bright, colored tights!! I've gotta wear tights up North or I'll freeeeeeeeeze!!

Marian said...

I love LOVE bright colored tights. I've been obsessed with them:)