Monday, September 27, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

ONE- As much as I would like to hide the fact that I am an emotional wreck and that my heart is so broken... I just can't. It was a bad weekend.
Well besides Sunday. Sunday was a good day. As I know I will have good and bad days through this....journey. For my new followers... Its been 3 weeks since the hardest breakup I have ever gone through. This is my journey of letting go and letting God work in my life. I can only get through this through Him.

TWO- Sometimes you have to listen to your body...
I was scheduled to run a 5k Saturday. Woke up around 5am and my body told me, straight up, NO. I was upset but knew that I have not been eating healthy since the break up, if eating anything at all. I have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks. Oh and before you judge, let me just say...I LOVE FOOD. I try to force food down my throat. I'm a mess right now. I know things will get better.

THREE- Some Happiness...
I got a new gym membership...to LA Fitness. I really wanted to be able to do workout classes, since I have a lot of time on my hands now, and LA Fitness is sooo nice and only $10 more than what I have been paying at my current gym. I am hopefully planning a trip to CA next month! Realllllly excited. I NEED to get out of Orlando. I am reading so many great and helpful Christian books. They are really impacting me, my heart, and my walk with Christ. Oh! and God has put some amazing people in my life. Got to hang out with two on Sunday and am thankful they can give me advice and listen to my venting of the heart. I am blessed.

FOUR-WAITING ON GOD.
My dear friend Jamie had a blog post last night that hit home with me as I go through this journey. Waiting on God. This bible verse and this song touched my heart. Give the song a listen.

"Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me." Micah 7:7



FIVE-CHEERS
Here's to making it through another Monday, another day, and another week.

17 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm glad my post touched you. I'm sorry you had a bad weekend. It's a new day! A new wee! Soon to be, a new month! So many possibilities await you, sweet one! I know it's so hard right now but just take it one day at a time. It's all we can do. I know it's so hard when we don't understand things that happen but just know that God has a plan for you and wants only the best for you. Wish we were closer so we could hang out and I could give you a big hug! Hope today is much better for you! xo

Amy H. said...

Wishing you a WONDERFUL week filled with happiness.

XOXO
Amy

I have a bloggie friend from AUS that has a special blog, it is dedicated to coming through the other side of a broken marriage. You might find her words helpful. Now she journey is not the same as yours but we all can find common threads in our life experiences. Plus her writing is just plain excellent.
http://thetrousse.blogspot.com/

chloƫ. said...

I know how your heart must be hurting so badly. My prayers have been and will continue to be with you. But do keep living life as you are. Moving forward will only help.

Sandy a la Mode said...

wishing you a better week filled with love, happiness, and keeping busy with hobbies!!! i find that when i am stuck in a rut or am having a bad day, i just go down to my crafting corner and get lost in making something beautiful! :D

Venessa said...

I hope that this week is filled with wonderful moments! As hard as things are for you know that you have the love and support of those around you to rely on! They sometimes can make all the difference!

Rebekah said...

Praying for you. Just remember, God is good all the time! I hope you have a great Monday!

Anna @ IHOD said...

My dear Michelle,
Somehow I missed the breakup...I am SOOO sorry to hear about it. No matter what break ups are tough, especially when you give part of your heart to them.

When I went through one I also lost a ton of weight. Don't blame yourself. Sometimes the body does things we can't control. Just keep doing what you are doing. Taking care of yourself and keeping your eyes on Christ. It may be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but what a beautiful plan he has for you!

<3
Anna

LeAnna said...

So sorry your weekend was crummy! Praise God for new mercies every morning. He will see you through!

Emily Anne Carson said...

Thinking of you and praying for your strength, courage, and perseverance.

"All things are possible" - Mark 9:23 (My confirmation verse - and still my favorite Bible verse)

:)

Love,
Em

Natalie said...

oh honey! i wish i could give you a big hug : ( I have totally been there before and it is the worst place to be. I know it feels like it will never end but it WILL! God will teach you something amazing and bring you something even better out of this mess...I know people probably say that and it might not help but sometimes you just need to hear it from lots of people before you start to believe it : ) Shooting up lots of prayers for you!

Blair McLeod said...

you are a strong beautiful cherished child of God. don't forget that you are loved!

cheers friend!

Amber said...

I'm so sorry to read about your breakup and the difficulties you are facing with it. But your focus on God and allowing Him to heal your heart will get you through this. Just lean into His love and allow him to fill your wants and needs.

WAY TO GO ON JOINING THE GYM! That will make you feel SO much better. I have been a completely different person since joining CrossFit and getting into a workout routine. I swear endorphines really do work wonders! :)

Praying that you have a much better week!

Julia said...

Love you! I'm glad you are finding new things in your journey! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for you having to ge through one of the hardest things a gal can go through! If you need an Orlando smiling face to go and do something with (starbucks, austin's coffee house, menchie's, and the farmers market always make me feel happier!!) I am here for you! Hope things brighten up hun!!! -Katie

Brooke D said...

praying hard for you sweet girl... i'm so proud of you. you are such a wonderful person and i KNOW you will get through this tough time!!! please let me know if you need anything....

Manda said...

OH Sweetheart... I'm sending you loads of love and sending up prayers. Embrace your brokenness... God heals and brings restoration to the broken. Simply wait...
Much love and grace,
~M

rachel said...

michelle --
i am soo sorry for you. and i am loving you soo much right now. i will be praying for you during this time, and that god will really speak to you and show you the great plans he has for you. they are big & they are great. <3 take care of yourself, dear. love love love.