Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Love Dare: Patience

I have been racking my brain with questions of how the relationship got to this point. I decided to go back to my Love Dare book (highly recommended for couples) and found something that stood out to me on Day 25 (Day 26 is a good one too, I might post that tomorrow)...

"Patience helps you give your spouse permission to be human. It understands that everyone fails. When a mistake is made, it chooses to give them more time than they deserve to correct it. Patience gives you the ability to hold on during the tough times in your relationship rather than bailing out under the pressure. It is the gift of another chance, the promise that you will wait this one out for as long as it takes."

I am one who is quick to anger. Its something I have tried to get a hold on. I've improved and continue to work on it. Do I slip every now and then?...Yes. Im human. I am far from perfect. That is where my relationship with Christ comes in. He can help be change these ways, not who I am but my behaviors.

Take it to heart.

6 comments:

gmontalvo13 said...

i loved the movie! good luck w/the love dare. prayer moves mountains!

Blair McLeod said...

never head of love dare -- gonna check it out!

chloƫ. said...

still praying for you during this hard time. keep your chin up and your prayers constant.

and thanks for the comment on my blog...I thought you would understand :]

Discovery Street said...

this is a great book...and a great chapter!

Katie said...

The movie was so good! I expected it to be cheesy, but it wasn't.

Excited to get my hands on the book!

Sonja said...

I've heard great things about this book! so sorry to hear about your breakup :( I pray that you're looking to God for comfort- cause only He can! :)

Hang in there. God will reveal why you're going through these hardships- and these are necessary! From my own experience- my husband and I actually broke up for 2 years! I wanted to move on- he would not stop fighting for us. Those 2 years were so necessary for us at that point in our lives and I'm so thankful my husband never stopped loving me. I prayed a lot for closure and resolution and kept wanting to get over him. One night, God totally changed my heart and I had fallen head over heels for my man again. We were finally ready to be together again. :)

Please let me know if you need anything! I read 'Boy Meets Girl' during our break and it really helped. God is preparing you for something SO great. Can't wait to see what it is!

*Hugs*
Sonja