Friday, September 17, 2010

Opened Eyes


Happy Friday to all!

Again, I apologize for my blog absence. I have been doing a lot of thinking & praying. It's been amazing actually... a blessing. God has a divine plan and a funny way of doing things. My mom mentioned the other day that God is a jealous God and it had me thinking... I spend my mornings in worship but that is all I devoted to him. How foolish of me. I have been amazed at how much I have grown closer to Him in the past two weeks with prayer, deep thought, reading 3 christian love books. This week alone has been a clear sign that God is good. I have completely put my trust in Him. Given it ALL to him and have been comforted. I realized I have no control over what happens, whether one day that secret agent man and I will be together again or if there is someone else God has waiting for me. I will rejoice in either situation. Is it hard? Heck yes! Do I break down still? Absolutely! But... Faith makes things possible, not easy (thank you Cara for that quote).

So why has it been a blessing one might ask? Well I shall tell you. For the first time in my life I completely understand myself. I could never pinpoint past relationship problems...I thought it was always them. Me have problems? WHAT? Wake up Michelle! I have finally pinpointed MY problems and how to correct and change them. That's the beauty...YOU CAN CHANGE BEHAVIORS! I have learned so much about what it means to be truly in love. To truly give yourself, your heart to someone. And that a relationship involves two people working together, selflessly, patiently, willingly. I also learned that my Pride got in the way of arguments and I have hurt many people because of it and it has left unresolved conflicts that led to continuous fights. I am seeing a true relationship, a relationship committed to each other and to God, in a whole new light. And I love it. I get it. It makes perfect sense.


Thank you to all for your continuous support and prayers. Love you all more than words can express! Have a fabulous weekend!

11 comments:

Jamie said...

I love this. :)
I'm so proud of you! What a witness you are. This is beautiful! Big love to you, girl! xoxo

Amy H. said...

I am happy you are moving forward, as hard as that might be. And what a blessing to be finding yourself!

XOXO

Unknown said...

It is SO ENCOURAGING to hear all of this.
I'm glad the Lord could use what He's doing in my life to be encouraging to you. That quote is awesome and encouraging.
I love you, sister.
xoxo

Sonja said...

such encouraging words :) you have been an inspiration to me!! hope you have a lovely weekend!

OB said...

This is so wonderful and so uplifting!! I love your blog! Keep going and lots of blessings to you.

oxox

yourstrulydear said...

yay for learning more about yourself, and getting over pride! it's one of the hardest things to do i think. it's worth it though to have better relationships. best of luck my dear.

Courtney said...

Sounds like you've had an 'a-ha" moment, my friend. God bless you! Lifting you in prayer....

Brooke D said...

WOWOWOOW!!!! beyond happy for you friend!! continuing to pray!!

shawni marie said...

This is a post I needed to read. I have been struggling with trusting God and I can't help but remember that I need to let GO. Thank you for this. I love reading your blog...

Venessa said...

Hi, i am a new blog reader and found your blog through another one that I was visiting. I love this post. I have been struggling with trusting God too...and this post really touched my heart. Thank you for sharing it!

{eleise} said...

Well said....

PS. LOVE this photo of you! Simply lovely!