Thursday, September 1, 2011

You're Alive! Isn't that everything?


{note: this post isn't meant to bash on anyone. i hope you don't take it that way}

My mom watches the news every evening. I personally can't stand watching the news. {hello that's what twitter is for!} Anyway, they were showing coverage of the destruction that crazy lady Hurricane Irene made. This is when I got annoyed. So many people are so upset and devastated. I get it. It sucks. But so many people were crying saying how they lost everything.

Hold on a second. Everything. Really?? 

YOU ARE ALIVE. 


Did you hear me??


YOU   ARE    ALIVE.


Isn't that EVERYTHING and then some?!?!

Material possessions can be replaced. Yeah it sucks and is real inconvenient, but I think these people need to be slapped in the face.

They should be thanking and praising God. For they were kept safe. Heck these people should be clinging to God. Praying. Did they forget God provides?? That He doesn't abandon His children?!

Am I being too harsh?? 

Maybe.


My favorite Max Lucado sent an email to me {yeah we tight like that} that pushed me to write this:

“Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains.” (Matthew 24: 4-8 NIV)


In other words, Jesus basically says
"Don't freak out when bad stuff happens!"



"Everything will work out in the end. If it's not working out, it's not the end."



And there's my two cents for the day.
Byeeee.

ps- want to send love to a soldier? {click here}

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love this post! So very well said, and true.

www.whentwoheartsracebothwin.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

Such a great reminder!

Rebekah said...

I love this. I can't imagine losing all of my things like that but to be alive through it all? I would be so grateful!

Mateya said...

So true! Love Max Lucado!

That is just such a great way to put it!

Natalie said...

I agree...definitely a blessing from God to have lived through it. Though I can't say I wouldn't be pretty bummed if I lost all of my possessions ;) But you are totally right, girl!

Emily said...

you are so right! My family got hit by the hurricane and yes some stuff got ruined but who cares! God will provide and im so blessed to still have them. And we know that these things will happen becuase the Bible says so!

henning love said...

totally agree with you on this post!! be thankful you are life, your stuff while it may have memories can be replaced with new memories, you are alive, celebrate that!

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!! Couldn't have said it better myself!