Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WILW



-It's been such an odd month. FULL of HAPPINESS, despite the chaotic-ness of my life.

-I am loving that I was a big girl last night at the doctor's office! Got a tetanus shot. I didn't sweat, get anxiety, didn't freak out or pass out. She actually was sneaky about it. We were talking and next thing I know I am getting jabbed in the arm. Smooth, very smooth. But today.... MY ARM HURTS SO BAD!

-I am loving that I get to go on a missions trip with my church!!! {hence why I got the tetanus shot. No-I don't go get shots for fun} I would love to be able to go out of the country to Africa or other third-world countries and do mission work. Sadly, I have not the time or money. God knows my heart and the desire to help others. My church is going up to Georgia for a short week to help build a Habitat for Humanity home. I prayed that I would be able to go and it was answered. So so thankful. Now I just hope I will be of use. I am far from a handy-man.

-I am loving this blog post.... Dear Ryan Gosling. If you love him, you have to read it.

-I am oddly loving running at 5:30a. It is so nice! Sure it's rough getting up that early, but once you are out it's so worth it. I've been doing it for 2 1/2 wks now. Except for today, my arm was too sore. No really, I couldn't get out of bed today. Being a big girl is tough some times.

-I am loving this sweet boy. We are trying a new obedience class tonight from one of the top K9 trainers in town. {He trained the search dog that was involved in the Casey Anthony trial.} I am stoked. Jax probably won't be, lol. He isn't a bad dog by any means, he just needs to learn who is the boss. I might also get him trained for protection. I do a lot by myself so feeling safe and protected is huge. If that works out then he will for sure be a total BA.




ps- If you are interested in guest posting on my blog please email me at pinkstarr403@yahoo.com

15 comments:

Mateya said...

How fun to go build a house! I too, would love to do mission work in another country some day. The University I work for takes a group to Tanzania every other year and Peru the opposite year. I really want to go!

Good for you for getting up early to run. I love getting my runs done in the morning but sadly it's too dark here now I can't fit them in!

Caroline said...

Oh, I love Ryan Gossling!

Unknown said...

i hate shots! congrats on being a big girl while getting one! and I hope everything works out with your mission trip! also, love ryan gossling ;)

{I've got a Kate Spade giveaway going on right now & would love to see you there! amyreneonline.com}

Jessica Ruud said...

Love Ryan!! And I love your blog. Aw cute doggy :)

Brooke said...

1) I had a dream that I needed to get a tetanus shot last night. Weird!

2) I think that is wonderful you are going on a missions trip to GA! I think it is such a great and wonderful thing to help those in our own country-they need lovin' too and I know you are just the perfect person to bring that love to them :)

3) I did HFH in high school before. I was nervous about my abilities as well. They had be up on a scaffold dragging big ol' pieces of wood up for a roof. It was awesome. I felt pretty BA.

4) Jax is such a cute little baby. I hope the training goes well! Maybe we need a play date for me and you and our pups as well :)

BeckyJo606 said...

When I got my last tetanus shot, I was in so much pain too! My doctor told me to move my arm and massage it as much as possible. The pain is from the tetanus shot medicine being all localized and not spreading out. I don't know if that's true, but it helped some!! Have a great Wednesday!! :)

Maggie said...

I'm your newest follower and LOVING that I found your awesome blog! Thanks for sharing :)

Taylor B. said...

Yay for more dog training classes! I'm trying to get motivated to take my dog back for more. She's not bad by any means...just spirited. I would love to have her trained for "protection" but she looks like a muppet so I don't think anyone would take her seriously!

Brooke D said...

Jax is sooo cute!! So great that you are going on a mission trip- Tyson and I have always wanted to go!! It's our dream to go to Uganda :) Have fun!!

Amanda Marshall said...

how awesome that you're going down there to help. i love you more every post! :)

Alisha said...

Hey hey pretty girl!! Congrats on the mission trip to GA. You're really going to make a difference in some family's life. That's always a blessing. So glad to hear God answered your prayers.

Have fun at the training class. :)
Love you, friend!

Taylor B. said...

Now that you've seen all of Addison outfits, don't you understand why she wouldn't be a very good protection dog :)

Rissy said...

I just had to stop reading to send that Dear Ryan Gosling link to a co-worker... she LOOOVVVEESS him... and believe me, I see why.

Running pre-6am? umm can you pass along some of that motivation?


CarissaExplainsItAll

ashlyn said...

i love that ryan gosling letter.. too cute!

i need your motivation btw. share! please! :)

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Yay for being brave at the doctors office ;) I hate needles, too.... so good for getting it over with! I hate how much my arm hurts the next day! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!