Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sending love to Afghanistan!


Calling on everyone:

I am sending a care package to my friend who is stationed in Afghanistan.


U.S. Army Sgt. David Ward watches over the border crossing between Afghanistan and Pakistan August 27, 2011 at Torkham, Afghanistan. The port of entry is busiest in Afghanistan and the most important for the U.S. military, which imports more than 30 percent of all its supplies and military equipment through Torkham. (August 26, 2011 - Photo by John Moore/Getty Images AsiaPac)


I thought it would be a great idea to send some notes of thanks/appreciation to him and his fellow soldiers, especially as we are coming to the anniversary of Sept. 11th.

If you are a teacher or a mom: 
Would you be willing to get your students/kids to write thank you's and/or draw pictures?! And then send them to me? Makes for a great craft time! 

Any one willing to take the time to write thank you notes and send it to me, please let me know.

I am hoping to get everything by Sept. 9 to send the package out Sept. 12.

Leave me your email address so I can send you my mailing address.

Spread the word!!! The more the merrier!! 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

12 comments:

Molly said...

I'll see if I can get the girls to do a little something and get it to you in time. Such a great thing you're doing, so sweet!

Erin said...

This is such a great idea! Count me in :) As a military wife myself, I know how much it means to our troops to get things like this while they are overseas. ErinM619@gmail.com!

Jessica said...

this is so nice! i LOVE sending packages and letters to my husband. I probably send 3+ a month :) if you get some kids who write letters he'll love that, matt gets suck a kick out of them and reads them to me.

Brittany said...

This is an awesome idea! Count me in! fbsumner@hotmail.com

Jessica Ruud said...

This is such a wonderful idea :)

Sarah said...

I'll have some for you!

henning love said...

what an awesome awesome thing you are doing!! i want to write something for you to include, how do i get it to you?

Anonymous said...

A great idea!! :) My brother loved getting care packages just filled with fun little toys and games to play with the other Marines. Letters are a great thing to include. Great job organizing this girl!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

You are so sweet :)

Brunette & Blessed said...

I would love to send a thank you note!

Melu103 said...

that's very thoughtful of you!

i want to be part of this :)
let me know what i can do!


xoxo

www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am a second grade teacher and would love to send some cards from my kids! My husband was in Iraq for a year and loved getting cards from my students. Please let me know if he has any family that can use some love and encouragement too. I know how hard it is to be here and worrying about a loved one overseas.
Christin O'Rourke
clorourke@gmail.com